Decorating By Lorabell Updated 5 May 2009 , 5:57am by xstitcher

Lorabell Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:46am
post #1 of 4

I've seem some cakes with really darling writing on them and it looks as if the letters are made from fondant or gumpaste. The writing is usually very whimsical looking. Does anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about and please point me in the right direction for instruction.

Thanks all!

3 replies
Ruth0209 Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:51am
post #2 of 4

They're probably made with Tappits. It's a cutter. You can see them at Global Sugar Art.

xstitcher Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:52am
post #3 of 4

Are you referring to tappits? They have funky letter ones now.

Here is a link to them:

There are some that are script fonts as well as regular too. These tappits are made by FMM.

Here's a link so you can see:

You can also print out a font on your computer and use that as a template. Before I got my tappits that's what I did. This method is also handy for larger letters (ie for toppers).


xstitcher Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:57am
post #4 of 4

Here's 2 video's (the first one is Edna's and the other is Lorraine's) on how to use the tappits as well:

Quote by @%username% on %date%