Charge For Gumpaste Bouquet

Business By Bonniecakes08 Updated 5 May 2009 , 5:28pm by FromScratch

Bonniecakes08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonniecakes08 Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:45am
post #1 of 3

How does one charge for gumpaste bouquets, say 5 daffodils, 3 daisies, 5 carnations, and some tiny fillers, with leaves? Do you include it in the price of a fondant cake? or in addition to ?? TIA

2 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 3

it really depends, i don't like to do the nit pic charge for every little thing, i would like to think that my base prices will cover most decorations. Now for a excess amount of flowers then i will charge more. If the flowers you are describing are for a cake that has a lot of other piping work on it, i would charge somewhere between $75 and $100 extra, depending on what the other work is. If the flowers are the only decoration then i would charge less then if there is more work involved. Mainly because i prefer to do cakes that i can get alot of the work done ahead of time and then just slap the flowers on and call it a day.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 3

I price flowers separate from the cake. If the cake is simple it is priced as a simple cake and if it's detailed it's priced as a detaield cake and the flowers are completely separate. The work you do on them is the same regardless of the cake's decor. Are you making a cascade? A topper? Clusters of flowers all over the cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%