Precolored Fondant

Decorating By e2_erin Updated 5 May 2009 , 3:19am by Bluehue

e2_erin Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:12am
post #1 of 6

Can someone please show me what Satin Ice BLUE fondant looks like? Im thinking its probably blue like a blue crayon but id like to see it.

also if you want to make it a lighter color could you just mix white fondant with it to lighten it up? I hate dying fondant it never comes out the color I want

5 replies
blondeez Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:18am
post #2 of 6

I wish I had a picture of it, but sadly I dont. Any dark colored fondant though can be lighten by adding white to it.

floridagal Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:54am
post #3 of 6

I wish I could show you what it looks like but I don't know how to do that! I have blue SI, it's pretty bright but I just lightened it with some of their white. My cake shop gave me a chart showing how to mix the SI to get the color you want.

I just had an idea! It's about the same color as this blue - icon_razz.gif . Maybe even a little brighter and bluer.

I hope that helps!

Melissa

cricket0616 Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:59am
post #4 of 6

If you go to sugarcraft's website and look on the left hand side for fondant - you can open a link and it will have charts for satin ice. There is a selection for color charts and you can see the different shades.

cricket0616 Posted 5 May 2009 , 3:02am
post #5 of 6

Sorry the website's name is blocked. If you look on some of the cake decorating website you may be able to look under fondant and see if they have color charts.

Bluehue Posted 5 May 2009 , 3:19am
post #6 of 6

I have never used it - but found this for you - i am thinking that it would give you a *rough* idea.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=19930

And it states that if you want it lighter - just add more white - sorry i know you really don't want to do that - but maybe after seeing the actual colour -you won't have too.
Hope it helps you.
Bluehue.
icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%