How Do I Make My Cakes Taste Like Sugar Cookie Dough???

Decorating By yangers Updated 10 May 2009 , 2:23pm by bcake1960

yangers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yangers Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 6

This may sound like a weird question, but my sister went to a wedding this weekend and said that the white cake there was the best she'd ever tasted. Which meant it was better than mine icon_redface.gif . She said the cake tasted like sugar cookie dough. Does anyone have any idea what flavoring may have been in this cake or have a kick butt white cake recipe they are willing to share? Thanks for the help.

Amy

5 replies
kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 4 May 2009 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 6

I really have no idea, sorry, but I would love to find out too!!

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 4 May 2009 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 6

Myabe they added a Lorann oil flavoring to cake mix. That's my guess, unless it's the vanilla/almond combination that came out just like a sc flavor.

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:32am
post #4 of 6

Princess Bakery Emulsion. Makes a huge difference in the cake. A little too strong for plain vanilla buttercream (IMHO) but makes people ask each other "what is that flavor"? when chowing on the cake.

yangers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yangers Posted 10 May 2009 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the replies, I never once received an e-mail that there were any replies to this so I thought no one knew the answer. So I checked on it today and wow, thanks!! I will have to try the Princess Bakery Emulsion. I didn't know what creme bouquet tasted like for sure and didn't know if that was possibly it either. I am going to be doing some experimenting and my sister will have to be the taste tester, she should be happy!!

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 10 May 2009 , 2:23pm
post #6 of 6

Good luck let us know what you find out. You have me wondering now too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%