White Cake With Key Lime Filling For Wedding?

Baking By cherrycakes Updated 5 May 2009 , 4:09pm by Bev55

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone have a great recipe combo for white cake and key lime filling? The bride would like just a hint of lime flavour so it's not too overpowering. Thanks!

10 replies
djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 11

mmm....sounds delish...don't have a recipe but want one - hope someone replies?? icon_smile.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 11

One of my favorites... The Cake Bible has a recipe for lime curd that is really good. Chill it and fold it into whipped cream, equal parts, and you get a wonderful light, lime curd mousse. Everyone loves it.. icon_biggrin.gif icon_smile.gif
edited to add... you can mix that in any ratio you prefer.. the more whipped cream, the lighter the taste..

CakesByLJ Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:36pm
post #4 of 11

oh, you want cake too? icon_lol.gif I also recommend two cakes from The Cake Bible.. White Chocolate Whisper, and White Velvet.. both would be excellent with the lime curd. Now, go preheat that oven... icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

cherrycakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 11

So you would put white chocolate cake with lime? Are there any lime fillings that don't need to be refrigerated?

CakesByLJ Posted 4 May 2009 , 10:07pm
post #6 of 11

Yes, the white chocolate whisper is a very subtle flavor, and pairs with the lime beautifully.. I don't know of any true lime curd that does not need refrigeration, but it is safe to leave out for a couple of hours. You could try some lime flavoring in buttercream if you are concerned about the refrigeration, although I have never tried it.

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:17pm
post #7 of 11

I agree about white chocolate whisper...one of my favorites!! It's a very subtle white chocolate flavor but still distinct enough to be "more" than just white...smoother and just very yummy!! I think it would be FABULOUS with a key lime filling!!

Is this the lime curd you're thinking of?

Quote:
Quote:

Key Lime Curd (I can't remember the source of this recipe!)
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 c sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp key lime zest
2/3 c fresh key lime juice
Over low heat, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk continuously for about 8-
10 minutes or until it forms a custard. Allow to cool then pour into a jar and refrigerate. The curd will thicken
considerably as it cools.

I found it here on this site but haven't had a chane to try it. I think this is something I need to keep at the top of my list to find an occassion for this summer. I think your bride would love the comibnation.

cherrycakes Posted 5 May 2009 , 12:44pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks for all of your great suggestions! This is why I love CC!! The key kime curd sounds great but I'll have to see if the cake could be refrigerated before using it. But wow, I'm definitly in the mood for key lime cake!! icon_smile.gif

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 5 May 2009 , 3:59pm
post #9 of 11

I have to make a cake for the weekend, just wondering does anyone have the recipe for the White Chocolate Whisper Cake?

I did a search in the recipes section but came up empty handed.... it sounds delish and would love to give it a try icon_smile.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 5 May 2009 , 4:07pm
post #10 of 11

I don't know about the white chocolate whisper. I do a white chocolate sour cream. It is the WASC minus the almond and add in a pack of white chocolate pudding mix. It is wonderful!

Bev55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev55 Posted 5 May 2009 , 4:09pm
post #11 of 11

I have also used canned lime pie filling (Comstock). Yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%