Making Fondant Fish Help

Decorating By MeliaJ Updated 5 May 2009 , 6:53pm by crystalina1977

MeliaJ Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 7

Anyone make fondant fish? I am making a fishing themed cake for this weekend, and want to make some fish out of fondant. I would like to make one coming out of the water with its mouth open. But dont know where to start....

Any help is great!
icon_cool.gif Thanks!

6 replies
Ruth0209 Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:53am
post #2 of 7

Here's a picture of one I did recently.

You need to do a search for fish. There are tons of pictures in the galleries.

BREN28 Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:10pm
post #3 of 7

you can also use rkt's to mold the fish then cover with fondant,and paint what ever color you want.

Ruth0209 Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 7

What is an RKT?

mommy2remi Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 7

RKT = rice krispes treats

icer101 Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:27pm
post #6 of 7

i have made lots of fish out of fondant.. jumping out of water.. there is one in my photos.. i find a picture.. trace it.. cut from fondant.. let dry for several days.. then paint it with dusting powders.. or edible pencils.. etc... paint them with the wilton colors... i saw this in a mailbox news magazine some years ago.. i enjoy doing this fish.. customers are really happy and surprised when they see it.. i make different scenes when i do this also.. hth i use my airbrush to color the sky, water. land.. etc... sometimes i use all buttercream for the scenery.

crystalina1977 Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 7

i have a couple of fish cakes in my photos. i have made them out of rice krispy treats (RKT) and covered them in fondant, painted them. pm me if you would like more info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%