Bridal Shower/baby Shower Cake

Decorating By jer702 Updated 12 May 2009 , 8:02am by 2SimplySweet

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 7

My MIL's job is throwing a baby shower/bridal shower for a coworker. I'm totally confused and not sure how to incorporate both themes into one. The gender of the baby is unknown and the color of her wedding is brown. I'm completely open to any ideas even without adding her wedding color and since the baby is unknown we can play around with colors and not just stick to pink and blue. Thank guys for all the help.

oh, Its going to be square cake on bottom, push in pillar, and then either small square or small round on top.

Jermin

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:18am
post #2 of 7

Have you browsed the baby gallery? I've seen some tiered cakes that might fit fine for this dbl duty theme. It;s late and I'm tiered or I'd do it for you.......

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 5 May 2009 , 3:17am
post #3 of 7

I think brown & creme would look nice as the colors. Baby foot prints out of fondant in the brown. That is about as much as I have this time of night.

jer702 Posted 5 May 2009 , 4:42am
post #4 of 7

I really like the footprints. Thanks guys for the help and I suppose I can spend my work day tomorrow browsing the gallery icon_wink.gif

Thank you so much icon_biggrin.gif

2SimplySweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SimplySweet Posted 11 May 2009 , 4:41am
post #5 of 7

Brown and Teal blue with cream would be pretty and your saying on the cake could be "Congratulations on Lifes new beginnings" That would apply to both the new baby and the the Bridal Shower. Good Luck!

jer702 Posted 11 May 2009 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 7

Oooh I like and the saying is perfect. Thank you so much for help.

2SimplySweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SimplySweet Posted 12 May 2009 , 8:02am
post #7 of 7

Let us know how everything went! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%