Vasectomy-Get Well Cake Ideas Needed!

Decorating By PinkDragonfly Updated 13 May 2009 , 10:44am by jaybug

PinkDragonfly Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 12

I would like to make a "get well" cake for my brother-in-law who is having a vasectomy. I need ideas for a cake that suggests that he has had the operation without being too graphic...no body parts please, children will be present and I would like te to show pics to my grandmas, lol. Any theme ideas?[/list]

11 replies
Win Posted 4 May 2009 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 12

He will be needing a very large ice bag for about 12-24 hours. You could do the old fashioned kind :

http://www.firstaidwarehouse.co.uk/pic/280x280/13/19/ice_bag.jpg

icon_lol.gif

dchockeyguy Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 12

Well, I've never really thought of this as occassion for a cake (or even something you really want to announce), but go over to cakewrecks.blogspot.com. There are some entertaining ones there that might give you ideas.

pouchet82 Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 12

LOL, can it be humerous? How about a big ice pace, and some baseballs/tennis balls/basket balls/soccer balls rolling away? If the kids ask questions you could say it's because he wont be able to play any sports until he gets better

282513 Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 12

I love the bag of ice or a bag of peas. I have to laugh at this b/c my husband just had his procedure a couple of weeks ago.

cheferyn Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 12

It's hard not to be too graphic. I would probably do two giant blue balls. icon_smile.gif Are you good friends with him? Can he take a joke? I'm actually trying to decide if I should do a hemorroid (sp) cake for my bro in law, and then how to do it funny and not gross. If y'all have ideas, I would appreciate them. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack your question, Pinkdragonfly.

terrylee Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 12

I like the idea of just the ice bag......kinda saids it all......

G_Cakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 4:56pm
post #8 of 12

Love the ice pack idea, but was thinking to add a sling or splint to it although I am not sure how.

If you really want to keep it kid friendly how about a wood pecker hanging off the side of the tree with a bandage around his beak...

PinkDragonfly Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:08pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks everyone for your ideas...I'll be making the cake today and will post it later so if you want to see what I wind up doing, check back later today or in the morning. Hope it works out!

Oh and yes my bro-in-law can DEFFINITELY take a joke, if I made the cake down right raunchy, he would laugh, but I don't want to go too far down that road. lol

PinkDragonfly Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:58am
post #10 of 12

Hi everyone, just wanted to get back with my results:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1361355.html

Check it out, thanks for your ideas, and thanks for looking!

2SimplySweet Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:20am
post #11 of 12

I would put a baby tranfer on the cake surrounded by a circle and a line going through meaning : NO Babies

jaybug Posted 13 May 2009 , 10:44am
post #12 of 12

It's a little too late for this idea but I would have covered the cake with lots of babies to remind him why he had the procedure! icon_lol.gif But anyway your cake turned out very cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%