How Do You Get Through The Wait...

Lounge By Sunflower08 Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 5:00pm by Stephi1

Sunflower08 Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 13

I wrote an offer on my first house ever on Friday and I'm still waiting to hear anything.... This is driving me crazy!!! How do you get through the wait!!??

12 replies
emrldsky Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 13

It can sometimes take up to 2 business days to reply, especially if they are going to propose a counter-offer. That or someone else put in an offer just before yours. icon_sad.gif Either way, good luck!!

DH and I are at the stage where they are making repairs based on the inspection. Our closing date is June 30. icon_smile.gif

Sunflower08 Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

It can sometimes take up to 2 business days to reply, especially if they are going to propose a counter-offer. That or someone else put in an offer just before yours. icon_sad.gif Either way, good luck!!

DH and I are at the stage where they are making repairs based on the inspection. Our closing date is June 30. icon_smile.gif

That's wonderful! Good Luck to you!

and Thanks!!

kakeladi Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 13

Get yourself busy icon_smile.gif Do something to take your mind off of the offer.

SS385Monte Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 13

Be grateful for the wait! I bought my first house last year and the owners were trying to sell it before the foreclosure proceedings got started. I made an offer and within two weeks had settled on the house. Talk about chaos! Fortunately I have a great boss that let me take off a couple of days last minute or I never would have gotten everything done in time. I was just starting to look when I stumbled across the perfect house/deal for me so I didn't have a pre-approval or pre-qual letter ready. The one bank I called actually laughed when I asked if they could process a mortgage by the settlement date. I was so stressed that I feel sorry for anybody that had to be near me during those two weeks! icon_redface.gif

punkinpie Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:45pm
post #6 of 13

Gosh - that is exciting. I love the whole buying a house thing. We've made many offers and it is hard to play the waiting game. We are fans of making low ball offers, so we had lots of rejections.

Keep yourself busy, but try not to get too emotionally attached to the idea of the house. That will help if you need to negotiate.

How long did you leave the offer open for? Here the owners typically have 24 hours or less to respond to an offer.

Sunflower08 Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 13

Well my luck ran out.. I didn't get the house.. Ive been low balling offers and this one came back and said flat out my offer was too low.. They went with another offer. I didn't even get a chance to counter or anything...
Oh well back to the search I go... icon_smile.gif

punkinpie Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:53pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower08

Well my luck ran out.. I didn't get the house.. Ive been low balling offers and this one came back and said flat out my offer was too low.. They went with another offer. I didn't even get a chance to counter or anything...

I love that you've been low balling icon_biggrin.gif
Don't worry you will find the right house at the right price. Sometimes it can take a while, but will be worth it in the end.

Sunflower08 Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:56pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower08

I love that you've been low balling icon_biggrin.gif
Don't worry you will find the right house at the right price. Sometimes it can take a while, but will be worth it in the end.

Thank you! And yes I'm low balling these realtors are crazy with some of these pricing Ive seen.. And I only went 10 less than what they had on the house... He acted like I insulted them...

And your right the right one will come along.. Ive been at this since March... Still looking icon_smile.gif

Sunflower08 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 3:17pm
post #10 of 13

Update..
I finally got a house!! I close today on it. I'm so excited and completly nervous all together..

punkinpie Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 4:14pm
post #11 of 13

Congratulations!!! Hope you got a good deal icon_smile.gif We close on our old house tomorrow. We signed the paperwork this morning. We bought the one we moved into a year ago. I love buying and selling. Except for the moving part. LOL Boxes and more boxes! I've stubbed my toes more times than I can count in the past couple of days.

Let us know how moving day goes.

Sunflower08 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 4:23pm
post #12 of 13

I got a great deal.. I lot less than what I was wanting to pay.. And I'm told I'm making money on this purchase.. Which is great news as well!

Stephi1 Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 5:00pm
post #13 of 13

Good for you!! By the way we are close to each other - I'm in Springfield!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%