"babies Are Smiles From Heaven" Theme. Ideas?!

Decorating By lemondroppp69 Updated 4 May 2009 , 8:02pm by brincess_b

lemondroppp69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lemondroppp69 Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:28am
post #1 of 8

Hey gang,

I'm hitting a brick wall trying to figure out what to make for this baby shower cake.

The other criteria are:
- the mom-to-be isn't sharing the sex of the baby so it has to be neutral
- primary colours (red/yellow/green/blue) are preferred
- about 40 people (max) need to be served

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Thanks,
lemondroppp69 icon_smile.gif

7 replies
imamommy1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imamommy1205 Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 8

Sleeping babies on clouds? If you are doing it like a tiered cake, you could make it blue with clouds all over it and a sleeping baby on the top on a cloud (I saw a cute idea to make the cloud out of marshmallows on Wilton).

That is my only idea icon_smile.gif.

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 8

Oooh. Primary colors speaks to me of Dr. Seuss! How about a "one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish" cake? A take on the wonderful children's book.

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:25pm
post #5 of 8

Since it's 'babies are smiles from Heaven' what if you had babies on clouds that are shaped like smiles? Maybe some on wires like they're floating down from Heaven? Too corny!? The babies could be covered with primary colored blankets, or in white and the cake could be covered with the colors. Have you seen any of the other decorations for the shower? Maybe you could take some ideas from that.

Have fun!
Melissa

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 8

Since it's 'babies are smiles from Heaven' what if you had babies on clouds that are shaped like smiles? Maybe some on wires like they're floating down from Heaven? Too corny!? The babies could be covered with primary colored blankets, or in white and the cake could be covered with the colors. Have you seen any of the other decorations for the shower? Maybe you could take some ideas from that.

Have fun!
Melissa

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:57pm
post #7 of 8

How about incorporating the idea of a stork with a blanket on its beak with a baby in it? In my interpretation, the babies are from heaven and the stork is dropping them off to families.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 4 May 2009 , 8:02pm
post #8 of 8

hehe i saw this and instantly the more 'reality' cake sprang to mind... the sleep deprived eyes, the poo everywhere. i dont think the mum would appreciate it though, lol.
i do like the blue/ clouds/ babies. maybe mum (and dad) to be could be sitting on to as well?
heaven doesnt really lead to much more that the stereotypes, harps and angels, but maybe you/ the client know something about her personal idea of heaven, like a beach, books, something you could tie in?
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%