Email's Not Coming In

Lounge By CAKEtankerous Updated 4 May 2009 , 6:58am by aliciag829

CAKEtankerous Posted 4 May 2009 , 5:48am
post #1 of 2

i just realized the email address I've been using for the last few months as my extra email is not working at all. People can send emails to it but nothing comes through. And it doesn't get returned as undeliverable. So what could be going on. Has anyone had that problem before? If you shed some light on this please feel free to do so. thanks

1 reply
aliciag829 Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:58am
post #2 of 2

Have you tried troubleshooting it by sending yourself an email to that address from that address and from your other address? Does that make sense? lol. Once a long long time ago I had that problem and it was the server. My emails got all backed up and I got them all at once a few days later. It was weird. I have no idea why. I have my email through hotmail now and I haven't had any problems with them. I know people who use gmail and yahoo also and I have never heard any complaints.

Are you using web-based email like the services I just mentioned, or is it a pop email address, like through Outlook Express? Sometimes if it's through Outlook express, if you don't have it set up correctly, you will have problems like that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%