Rice Krispy Figures

Decorating By nikki72905 Updated 4 May 2009 , 7:48pm by JawdroppingCakes

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:54am
post #1 of 7

Hi!
It has been a while since I posted, If there is another post out there covering this, please direct me in the right direction! I searched for Rice Krispy Figures and did not find anything.

Here is the question:

Is the recipe the same for molding as it is for reg. rice krispies....?

6 replies
JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:56am
post #2 of 7

i always use the same recipe....I just cut back a half a cup of rice crispies so that there is more marshmallows so that it is stickier. It holds itself good like that for me.

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 4 May 2009 , 9:36am
post #3 of 7

As I have been thinking about this:

Do you cover in buttercream after molding or I am using modeling chocolate (the family does't like the taste of fondant and I don't have time to order Chocopan)

All help is appriciated!

Andy383240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andy383240 Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 7

I always sculpt the rough form of my subject while the treats are still warm, pressing very firmly. After it cools, I refine the design by carving. I have brushed on candy melts with a coarse brush for fur if doing an animal. It tastes really good with the treats. I use the recipe on the cereal box just as it is. I hope this helps.

JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 7

I always cover it with a layer of buttercream and sometimes when I even crush the rice crispies before I put them into the marshmallow mixture so that they are not as bumpy when molding.

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:36pm
post #6 of 7

is there any way to smooth coat the treats with the candy melts so that it looks like fondant?

JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 7

maybe by using candy clay you can get that kind of look. Just roll it out and cover it. I made some like that for a Star Wars cake that I did.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%