Rice Krispy Figures

Decorating By nikki72905 Updated 4 May 2009 , 7:48pm by JawdroppingCakes

nikki72905 Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:54am
post #1 of 7

Hi!
It has been a while since I posted, If there is another post out there covering this, please direct me in the right direction! I searched for Rice Krispy Figures and did not find anything.

Here is the question:

Is the recipe the same for molding as it is for reg. rice krispies....?

6 replies
JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:56am
post #2 of 7

i always use the same recipe....I just cut back a half a cup of rice crispies so that there is more marshmallows so that it is stickier. It holds itself good like that for me.

nikki72905 Posted 4 May 2009 , 9:36am
post #3 of 7

As I have been thinking about this:

Do you cover in buttercream after molding or I am using modeling chocolate (the family does't like the taste of fondant and I don't have time to order Chocopan)

All help is appriciated!

Andy383240 Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 7

I always sculpt the rough form of my subject while the treats are still warm, pressing very firmly. After it cools, I refine the design by carving. I have brushed on candy melts with a coarse brush for fur if doing an animal. It tastes really good with the treats. I use the recipe on the cereal box just as it is. I hope this helps.

JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 7

I always cover it with a layer of buttercream and sometimes when I even crush the rice crispies before I put them into the marshmallow mixture so that they are not as bumpy when molding.

tiggerjo Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:36pm
post #6 of 7

is there any way to smooth coat the treats with the candy melts so that it looks like fondant?

JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 7

maybe by using candy clay you can get that kind of look. Just roll it out and cover it. I made some like that for a Star Wars cake that I did.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%