Zebra Cake....recipe?

Decorating By JawdroppingCakes Updated 4 May 2009 , 7:16pm by JawdroppingCakes

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:25am
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to come up with some ideas for a zebra cake for a quinceanera. The cake will be zebra stripes and then decorated with bright pink. The thing is, the lady wants the inside of the cake to look "different" so I did some research and I found this site. It has the recipe for a zebra cake....ok...my question is...can I accomplish this look with the regular wasc cake or would I have to make this recipe to get this look. Here is the site.

http://mycomfortfoodnetwork.blogspot.com/2008/09/faridas-zebra-cake.html

7 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 8

I think it would work with wasc. There's actually a tutorial on youtube with this.

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 4 May 2009 , 2:06pm
post #3 of 8

That is a very cool technique. I have never seen anything like that. I wish I would have when I had to do my zebra print cake. That would have been the hit of the party with all the 16 year olds. (I had a request to do one just like you-pictures are in my photos). Thanks for sharing it. I will have to try it.

I think you could do it with almost any cake mix.

JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks for the help...I plan on trying it out this weekend just to see how it turns out.

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 8

I do this all the time! That is how I do my "marble" cake actually. I am just a bit more impatient so I do alot more than 3 tbls at a time of batter. I just pour some white mix then some chocolate then some white then chocolate again... so my "stripes" are thicker than the ones here. I use the any recipe and it works icon_wink.gif Good luck! I love the look of this too!

Debluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debluvs2bake Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 8

I've made several "zebra" cakes and I use WASC. For one cake, I tinted part purple for a girl's b-day cake, cake came out really great! It's a great tenique to get a rainbow look, too. Be patient, it'll take up to a dozen layers per pan or more. I use a 1/8 measuring cup for each layer, goes a littler quicker than using a tablespoon.

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:36pm
post #7 of 8

I think it will work perfectly fine with any batter...in any color combination..it's a great idea!

JawdroppingCakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:16pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone for your replies...I'm getting really excited about trying it out. I've made marble cakes as well but I just pour in the battles while taking turns with the flavors and then do a swirl in it. It looks thicker and a little more different than this. I hope mine layers come out nice and thin like in the picture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%