Plastic Cone Cups?

Decorating By auntmamie Updated 4 May 2009 , 2:21am by PinkZiab

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 13

I'm planning on *trying* to make some GP calla lilies for mothers day cakes. Both sets of directions I have found (Edna and Wilton) call for the plastic cone cups that you would find on a water cooler. Where the heck do I find these? The water cooler we have at work doesn't have a cup holder - we use glasses from the kitchen. Or is there a different item I can use?

Sorry to sound stupid - I just have no clue where to find those cups.

12 replies
cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 13

I have't seen those in a long time. Can you make small paper cones, like the piping bag cones you can make from parchment triangles?

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 13

You can use snow cone cups... restaurant supply place or call a water delivery service... or just make a cone out of freezer paper. Hope this helps.. I am going to try using a cone made out of freezer paper.. good luck..

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcake1960

You can use snow cone cups... restaurant supply place or call a water delivery service... or just make a cone out of freezer paper. Hope this helps.. I am going to try using a cone made out of freezer paper.. good luck..

Freezer paper....I'm sorry but what is this and where do I find it?

saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 13

You find freezer paper in the foil/plastic wrap aisle. I was totally unaware my grocery stores even carried until I went to look for it! In all the stores in my area (Chicago suburbs), it is on the bottom shelf.

HTH.

Sheryl

Normita Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:56pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by saap1204

You find freezer paper in the foil/plastic wrap aisle. I was totally unaware my grocery stores even carried until I went to look for it! In all the stores in my area (Chicago suburbs), it is on the bottom shelf.

HTH.

Sheryl

Thanks....maybe walmart will carry some

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 3 May 2009 , 4:06pm
post #7 of 13

It should be near the Wax paper and Foil.. You can also make frosting cones out of freezer paper as well instead of using parchment paper. works great when you are in a pinch..

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 3 May 2009 , 7:55pm
post #8 of 13

My husband found some water cooler cone cups @ Lowe's. They're made by Rubbermaid, and there's 200 per box.

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 3 May 2009 , 8:05pm
post #9 of 13

I use the snow cups found at Wal-Mart.

If you do opt to use the freezer paper, it also is great to tape down and roll out fondant and gumpaste on. Then just dispose of it. I like it better than roll and cut mats.

Normita Posted 3 May 2009 , 8:13pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakemom777

I use the snow cups found at Wal-Mart.

If you do opt to use the freezer paper, it also is great to tape down and roll out fondant and gumpaste on. Then just dispose of it. I like it better than roll and cut mats.

Do you remember where they were located at?? I tried looking for them in the aisle with the cups and could not locate them. oh...and how much were they?

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 4 May 2009 , 12:50am
post #11 of 13

I got a whole sleeve of paper cone cups (200)at Gorden Foods. They weren't very expensive either.(Solo cone water cups 4 oz.)
I made some out of typing paper before finding these that also worked.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:46am
post #12 of 13

The snow cone cups at walmart are usually in the seasonal aisle where they have the sno-cone syrup and all the summer plastic drink ware.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 4 May 2009 , 2:21am
post #13 of 13

I just form my callas right around the centers and hang them upside down from a wire rack to dry... never used any kind of cone/form.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%