Disco Theme..looking For Some Creative Ideas

Decorating By crcl72 Updated 4 May 2009 , 11:49pm by playingwithsugar

crcl72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crcl72 Posted 3 May 2009 , 11:32am
post #1 of 8

I have to do a disco themed cake and the pressure is on....it's for my best friend so I'll be judged by people I know!! The color scheme is silver, black and white. I already bought a 6" disco ball and three records...I'm just coming up blank! She wanted something, and I quote "no one has every seen before, something over the top". I can't even decided on flavors. White chocolate is her favorite. Sincerely thank you for your help.

7 replies
SweetSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSweetCreations Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 8

I don't know if this helps I may be way off but when I think of Disco Era I think Studio 51 which makes me think of all the crazy costumes they wore back then like the glasses Elton John wore . I also think of John Trovolta which is a very different look.

janine1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janine1972 Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:37pm
post #3 of 8

How about the top of the cake is the black and white tiles - floor, then have one or two people dressed in rock n roll outfits dancing??

or a car at the road house with the waitress in roller skates and mini skirt etc, like in the movies -

im sorry , im drawing blanks here but these - hope they help a little to boost your imagination.

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:37am
post #4 of 8

Check out www.pinkcakebox.com - In her gallery there are a few 70's/disco type cakes!

sandykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandykay Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:49am
post #5 of 8

What about music notes, and outline of dancers.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 4 May 2009 , 5:32am
post #6 of 8

Have you tried googling for ideas? There are a lot of cakes with a disco theme.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USicon_surprised.giffficial&um=1&q=cake+pic+disco&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=18

There are also several pages worth here on CC if you type "disco" as your search criteria when your on the galleries page.

Here's just page 1:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=disco&album=-&search_user=&pageID=1

Hope you can get some inspiration from these pictures.
Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

crcl72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crcl72 Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:40pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you all so very much! I sincerely appreciate all of your ideas! I'll post a pic with the end result!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:49pm
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%