Love My Handi Vac!

Lounge By mellormom Updated 23 May 2009 , 8:28am by StarbucksAddict

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 3 May 2009 , 11:13am
post #1 of 4

Long story but I had a handi-vac and couldn't get it to work so I threw it away. Well my friend said her's worked awesome and she loved it so I bought one again. This one works awesome!
It is the best thing for MMF! You just stick it in the bag and suck the air out and your fondant never gets dry. (unless it was dry to start. LOL) It's also great if you are using lots of different colors at different times. You can just put back the color you were using and seal it right up and then move on the the next color.
They also work good for injecting marinades into meat. When you suck the air out the marinade goes into the meat for faster marinating.
You also can re-wash them and use them again! Sometimes they still stay wet so you really have to dry them good but it beats buying new ones!
They are not very expensive either. I just got mine on sale at Market Basket for $5 and the bags were $2.50 each. (so don't pay full price! icon_smile.gif )
Just had to share!!!! It's hard to know what works and what doesn't so it's nice to find out when something actually does do what it claims! icon_smile.gif
Jen....

3 replies
chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:13am
post #2 of 4

DITTO!
I love mine, I never store gumpaste in anything else anymore! I use them for opened bricks of chocolate, graham cracker crumbs, etc... and best of all, I froze burger patties in them and not a sign of frost or crystals on them a month later!

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 6 May 2009 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 4

Yep, I agree it is one great gadget. I was skeptical at first because it wasn't very expensive at all and I thought, probably isn't much good. But I purchased it anyway and am soooooo glad I did. NEVER an ice crystal on anything I've frozen. Works like a charm.......

StarbucksAddict Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StarbucksAddict Posted 23 May 2009 , 8:28am
post #4 of 4

Are you talking the little hand held battery ones from Reynolds? If so, I love you. I really do! I bought 10 (after coupon and rebates, they paid me to take them), I still have like 4 left, now I know what to do with them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%