Cake Recipe

Decorating By 2SimplySweet Updated 4 May 2009 , 6:34am by 2SimplySweet

2SimplySweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SimplySweet Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:10am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone!!
I am a newbie and just starting to take my baking skills to a new level and was wondering if anyone has a great cake recipe that I can use for a baby shower. I appreciate your help!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

5 replies
shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:18am
post #2 of 6

Welcome to CC! Check out the recipes section, there are countless delicous recipes there. One of my favorites is the White Almond Sour Cream (WASC)... you can change the Almond extract and add any flavor you like. It's fantastic!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:27am
post #3 of 6

Take a look at the Gourmet Flavors thread. Also it all depends on a flavor you are looking for. There are TONS in the recipe section.
Shelbur is right though. WASC is great and you can tweak it to ANY flavor you like.

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:27am
post #4 of 6

Hi and Welcome! If you want to use mixes, I highly recommend searching for the thread titled Help! Gourmet Flavors. Here's a link - hopefully it will work.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614554&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
In the thread, find a post by MacsMom, under her signature line is the link to a google document with some AMAZING recipes. My favorite is the Orange Creamsicle.
Hope that helps and let us know how it turns out! icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:50am
post #5 of 6

Definitely WASC. I use kakeladi's original recipe. Here's the link:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7445-2-The-Original-WASC-cake-recipe.html

2SimplySweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SimplySweet Posted 4 May 2009 , 6:34am
post #6 of 6

I am happy to have you all to turn to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%