Cupcake Bouquet

Baking By laje14 Updated 3 May 2009 , 4:19pm by laje14

laje14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laje14 Posted 3 May 2009 , 1:16am
post #1 of 4

I thought I had seen a tutorial on how to make a cupcake bouquet a while ago, but now I can't find it. Does anyone have a tutorial? Also, if anyone makes these, what tip do you use to make a cupcake rose? Do you pipe it just like a buttercream rose? What is in the center? I would like to make a bouquet for Mother's Day. Thanks.

3 replies
marag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marag Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:49am
post #2 of 4

I don't think this is the tutorial you are looking for, but this thread has great info... http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-46327-cupcake.html+bouquet

I have done several cupcake bouquets (there are a few in my photos), and I use the a 1M tip for my roses, but I start piping from the center, rather than the outside.

Hope this helps!
Mara

cinjam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinjam Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:55am
post #3 of 4

I also use a tip 1M and start swirling from the inside. No, it's not made like a regular rose. Just the 1m and swirl using your wrist (try not to move your arm, just the wrist), starting at the center & work you way to the outer edge. The leaves hide any imperfection on the ending edge. The thread Marag gave the link to is wonderful & very informative.

laje14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laje14 Posted 3 May 2009 , 4:19pm
post #4 of 4

That was a great link. Thank you for the tips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%