Black, White, Green - Please Help!

Decorating By Kitty484 Updated 3 May 2009 , 10:24am by Kitty484

Kitty484 Posted 2 May 2009 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 5

I have my first wedding cake customer, which I'm really excited about. She's my friend's sister so I want to do something really special. However, initially she wanted black and white and classy but then she found some green heart shaped beads that she really likes. She likes the idea of a stencilled design on the side and maybe the beads exploding from the top but equally she wants simple and elegant! She said "I'm thinking gothic/masquerade/burlesque/elegant..."!
Any ideas??

Ps - I work in fondant mainly and my piping skills aren't up to much yet!!

4 replies
Rylan Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:50am
post #2 of 5

Black roses can give it a gothic look. Maybe use intricate lace molds--it can also give it that Phantom of the opera feeling.

xstitcher Posted 3 May 2009 , 6:44am
post #3 of 5

This is what I found with the key words your friend's sis provided but I'm not sure it's what your going for:

These are cakes that maybe you could use for inspiration. Of course the colours and style may not to be changed to suit your bride :

Green flowers instead of red?:

Maybe some brush embroidery on the ribbon?:

Brush Embroidery: has several cakes that might suit the style you are going for as well (I found masquerade and gothic cakes on the site).

There's some gothic cakes on this site:

en-passant Posted 3 May 2009 , 7:03am
post #4 of 5

Simple and elegant, but with beads exploding from the top. Um.....okay.

Blcak, white and green would make a nice Art Deco cake.

Kitty484 Posted 3 May 2009 , 10:24am
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys, that's given me loads to go on. I am considering two white tiers with a painted/stencilled/brush embroidered design around the bottom layer in black and then a burst of black feathers and green beads from the top. Am going to mock up a design later so I'll post some pics if I get chance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%