Sparkle Spray?

Decorating By aunt_dodo Updated 3 May 2009 , 5:51pm by aunt_dodo

aunt_dodo Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 6

I have heard several people talk about a spray that you can spray a cake with to make it sparkle. It would be much easier to spray it then to luster dust it or something. Where would I get/order something like this?

Thanks in advance!!

5 replies
shanna_banana Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 6

I wondered about this too! I asked my local cake supply store and they carried it, but stopped because when you spray it the nozzle gets too clogged up. It was about $10 online. I'll try to find the website and post it if you want to take a look. It says it's luster dust in a can, like having an airbrush without the expense, etc.

Kimmers971 Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 6

I just saw something like this at the MD cake show today, but I can't remember what brand it was (sorry)icon_sad.gif

shanna_banana Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 6

OK, here's one website that sells it in several colors:

Maybe if you wipe the nozzle off between sprays it might work. I didn't see all those different colors the last time I looked. Now I am curious to try it!!

If you do end up trying it, please let us know how it goes. thumbs_up.gif

pastryjen Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 6

That would be really cool!

aunt_dodo Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you ladies!

I do intend on trying I'll post a pic of the cake I use it on, and how I liked it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%