Left Over Pineapple Juice

Decorating By dunglawi Updated 5 May 2009 , 6:36pm by crystalina1977

dunglawi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dunglawi Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone. Ok, I have about 12 cups of pineapple jiuce left over from a huge fruit salad I had to make. I'm not interested in using it as a marinade for meat.
But I'd love a large quantity recipe using the pineapple juice for a cake. I have a large event to cook for in 2 weeks and thought I'd get that juice out of my freezer.
Recipes anyone?
Thank you,Lisa

7 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 May 2009 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure but maybe you can substitute the pineapple juice with the water on some of your cake recipe.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 May 2009 , 12:39am
post #3 of 8

Yes, I agree that it can be used in that way. I know that won't use up much of it.
Can you thicken it w/cornstarch and use it as filling also?
Make pineapple pudding?
Sorry, I've never done anything like that so don't know how it would work out.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:00am
post #4 of 8

I just LUV pineapple juice, so I'd fill a big tall glass with ice cubes and pour the juice over the ice, kick back with a good book and enjoy!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:07am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I just LUV pineapple juice, so I'd fill a big tall glass with ice cubes and pour the juice over the ice, kick back with a good book and enjoy!

I love to do that too.

hkc0317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hkc0317 Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 8

I just made some pineapple filling for a spongebob cake. Boil add sugar and conrstarch at the end to thicken. Everyone loved the filling it went better than the regular chocolate!

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:01pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Me too, but I add coconut rum........ icon_razz.gif

Yummy!!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 8

agree on pouring it over ice and drinking it...also, i sub it for water when making pineapple upside down cake, i freeze it in ice cubes for smoothies, if you're having a large gathering you could make ice rings out of it and float it in punch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%