Left Over Pineapple Juice

Decorating By dunglawi Updated 5 May 2009 , 6:36pm by crystalina1977

dunglawi Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone. Ok, I have about 12 cups of pineapple jiuce left over from a huge fruit salad I had to make. I'm not interested in using it as a marinade for meat.
But I'd love a large quantity recipe using the pineapple juice for a cake. I have a large event to cook for in 2 weeks and thought I'd get that juice out of my freezer.
Recipes anyone?
Thank you,Lisa

7 replies
Rylan Posted 2 May 2009 , 9:09pm
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure but maybe you can substitute the pineapple juice with the water on some of your cake recipe.

kakeladi Posted 3 May 2009 , 12:39am
post #3 of 8

Yes, I agree that it can be used in that way. I know that won't use up much of it.
Can you thicken it w/cornstarch and use it as filling also?
Make pineapple pudding?
Sorry, I've never done anything like that so don't know how it would work out.

indydebi Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:00am
post #4 of 8

I just LUV pineapple juice, so I'd fill a big tall glass with ice cubes and pour the juice over the ice, kick back with a good book and enjoy!

Rylan Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:07am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I just LUV pineapple juice, so I'd fill a big tall glass with ice cubes and pour the juice over the ice, kick back with a good book and enjoy!

I love to do that too.

hkc0317 Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 8

I just made some pineapple filling for a spongebob cake. Boil add sugar and conrstarch at the end to thicken. Everyone loved the filling it went better than the regular chocolate!

cakes22 Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:01pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Me too, but I add coconut rum........ icon_razz.gif

Yummy!!

crystalina1977 Posted 5 May 2009 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 8

agree on pouring it over ice and drinking it...also, i sub it for water when making pineapple upside down cake, i freeze it in ice cubes for smoothies, if you're having a large gathering you could make ice rings out of it and float it in punch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%