Please Help!

Decorating By umgrzfn Updated 2 May 2009 , 3:20pm by clovely

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 2 May 2009 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 2

Is there a Cream cheese icing out there that is as easing to use as Buttercream? I've tried searching the web and the one titled "Crusting Wedding Cream Cheese Icing" that is suppose to "smooth like fondant"....DOES NOT (not for me anyway)!!!! Oh my gosh, it was sooooo very soft! Anyone have any ideas? Even what I can add to a cream cheese icing recipe to make it stiffer without contuing to add PS which drowns out the cream cheese taste!? I would appreciate any help!! I live in a high humidity climate. I know this effects everything with my cakes, I just don't know how to fix it! Everyone loves cream cheese and I've tried my darndest with NO luck. Any help/ideas/input would be so much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

1 reply
clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 2 May 2009 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 2

This works really well for me. It's a little softer than my buttercream but really is about the same to work with...

Quote:
Quote:

If you use my recipe it will...it works just like buttercream and it crusts too.

You can add a teaspoon or two of clear vanilla for added taste, but then that diminishes the lemon extract. You can then increase the lemon extract by a few drops. Personally I think that lemon enhances the taste of cream cheese.

Kristels Cream Cheese Icing

8 ounce bar cream cheese
¾ cup Crisco (5.25 ounces)
¼ cup salted butter (2 ounces)
2 pounds confectioners sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon lemon extract

And yes, I use both salted butter and salt in the recipe because I don't like a sickeningly sweet icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%