Please Help!

Decorating By umgrzfn Updated 3 May 2009 , 5:45pm by umgrzfn

umgrzfn Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 4

Is there a Cream cheese icing out there that is as easing to use as Buttercream? I've tried searching the web and the one titled "Crusting Wedding Cream Cheese Icing" that is suppose to "smooth like fondant"....DOES NOT (not for me anyway)!!!! Oh my gosh, it was sooooo very soft! Anyone have any ideas? Even what I can add to a cream cheese icing recipe to make it stiffer without contuing to add PS which drowns out the cream cheese taste!? I would appreciate any help!! I live in a high humidity climate. I know this effects everything with my cakes, I just don't know how to fix it! Everyone loves cream cheese and I've tried my darndest with NO luck. Any help/ideas/input would be so much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

3 replies
Rylan Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 4

Have you tried the cream cheese recipe from Ednas site? http://designmeacake.com/

Minstrelmiss Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 4

I just made macsmom's recipe for white chocolate truffle filling. Now, I feel it is much more cream cheese flavor than white chocolate so I tweeked it to my liking but it sounds like the original recipe might work really well for your needs.

Note of caution: it seems really thin when first made. Let it sit in the fridge for a while. Then, take it out to warm to room temperature. It should work great.

16 oz cream cheese
4 cups chocolate or white chocolate chips
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups 10x sugar

Whip cream cheese with vanilla. Melt butter and chocolate together. Add to cream cheese. Beat in sugar. Chill then bring to room temp.

One last thing, because I wasn't sure I would like it, I quartered the recipe as a test batch. It was a good move and I still had more than enough. (We're still spreading the leftovers on graham crackers! Yummy!)

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

umgrzfn Posted 3 May 2009 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you! I will definately try the recipe. Yes, I have tried the recipe from Edna's site and liked it. I just wanted one that had a more "cream cheese" flavor. I should have stuck with the one from Edna, but...well, enough said! icon_wink.gif Thanks again for the white chocolate recipe!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%