How Many Days Does A Fondant Covered Cake Stay Good?

Decorating By kileyscakes Updated 3 May 2009 , 4:49am by indydebi

kileyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kileyscakes Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:58pm
post #1 of 6

I was wondering how long a cake covered in fondant is good for? the buttercream is with all shortening, so it should be ok for a while right?

5 replies
cheesecakes-galore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheesecakes-galore Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 6

I have had some that did not require refridgeration that was good for 5 or 6 days, it might last a little longer if you keep it in the fridge.

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 6

i just delivered one that was 6 days....i work a full time job and it was the only thing i could do...i have had them a couple times for that long and the cake is so moist that i really like it icon_smile.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kileyscakes

I was wondering how long a cake covered in fondant is good for? the buttercream is with all shortening, so it should be ok for a while right?

Absolutely, it will be just fine (still at it's peak) for a minimum of four days, and more depending on the cakes, etc. The only variable would be a fruit, custard, or otherwise-needing-refrigeration-type filling.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 2 May 2009 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 6

this is pretty unbelievable but my best customers just told me that the mothers day cake from 15th March they got from me lasted until 17th April - they had literally just finished eating it when i delivered a christening cake to them. it was madeira, jam and buttercream with fondant cover. they said it was still perfect icon_eek.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 May 2009 , 4:49am
post #6 of 6

When I made my 50th Birthday cake, we had the top tier left over. We cut it when the cake was 8 days old and it was JUST STARTING to taste like a grocery store cake. (Which means cake civilians wouldn't have noticed at all! icon_lol.gif )

So at least 8 days.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%