Big Messss:( I Need Ideas Help!

Decorating By Kaliebug Updated 2 May 2009 , 8:22am by deliciously_decadent

Kaliebug Posted 2 May 2009 , 3:35am
post #1 of 6

Hey guys, i really would love ur input. My grandmother asked me to do a cake for mothers-day/my uncles birthday and my cousins graduation. there will be 20 people but I know some would like to take home so it can be a little large. I would like to do 3 tier or 2?.. I dont know if i could make every tier a theme or maybe that would be too much? I'm so confused now and I would love love love ideas. Ill be online all night as well if anyone would like to just IM me instead of posting back my sn is xkaliebugx
thank youicon_smile.gif
kalie

5 replies
cricket0616 Posted 2 May 2009 , 3:57am
post #2 of 6

I like the idea of a tier for each event, but I also had a thought. Don't know if you ever saw the Food Network Challenge on Gingerbread houses a couple of years ago where the winner had divided her house into different worlds. As you rotated the house around you saw Christmas in a different country. What if you did two tiers and divided it into three wedges(think of it as a pie wedge) and decorated each for the different event. As you move to a different section of the cake you would see each event. I wish I could draw a picture. I hope this at gives you an idea.

deliciously_decadent Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:24am
post #3 of 6

oh that is good!!
i would have gone with the three tierer, bottom tier uncles birthday, decorate in his fave sports team or colour theme or something, middle tier mothers day, girly pink, polka dots with a bow or something and top tier graduation i would make a gradutation cap by making the cake the cap part so balck and then cover a square cake card (or cardboard) in black and then stick on the top and add a tassle, really easy to make if you have a clay gun but easy enough by just rolling our sauge pieces too! let me know if you have any questions!

Kaliebug Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:10am
post #4 of 6

hey, my uncle likes fishing...and like guy harvey. I dont want it to be like too much and not go togetther and i would like the colors to go together... i had a thought as well that i would just make like an all blue cake diffrent colors like 3 tier and then have three people on the top one a graduate one with a fishing pole and one a lady. but i dont know if that will be more work seeing that i have never made a person lol

josumiko Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:31am
post #5 of 6

I really like cricket0616's idea...i remember that gingerbread house! the 3 people on top is a great idea too, but you may want to practice making the people. I am not much of a figure sculptor, but the one person that i did ended up with falling off arms halfway through the party! yikes! luckily it was for my 3yo niece, and I was able to fix it at the party without her seeing herself armless!

deliciously_decadent Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:22am
post #6 of 6

figurine making is a process that takes a long time to perfect, it can be quite difficult and it would probably be quicker to decrate the cake lol! but if you can do it that would be a great way to make it look less busy, but then i quite like busy cakes lol!! i really like the split cake idea to, just thought i would throw in another idea lol! why dont you make your uncles tier or part a fish tank? or water/waves and you coud do a boat and sit it on the cake or besid the cake? (i do not know what guy harvey is to elaborate on this part.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%