Chocolate Marshmallow Fondant??

Decorating By LittleLamb2 Updated 2 May 2009 , 1:55am by Momkiksbutt

LittleLamb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLamb2 Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:39am
post #1 of 3

So I tried to make some Chocolate MMF for the first time and it is really crumbly. It seems like if I go to put it on the cake it will just tear apart. I've tried to add water and then it just gets to sticky but still crumbly??Crisco just makes it greasy and corm syrup didn't seem to make a difference. Is Chocolate MMF usually like this and do I just need to be more careful with it?? Any suggestions?

Thanks

2 replies
sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:45am
post #2 of 3

How did you make it chocolate? You should never add water, that will just make and fondant slimey. Seems to me like you need to kneed in more crisco and more powdered sugar, and if you have it glycerine would really help.

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:55am
post #3 of 3

I make it all the time. People tell me it tastes like tootsie rolls! Here's the recipe for you:

1 large bag marshmallows
2 Tablespoons water
1/8 cup shortening(in the water)
2 tablespoons almond extract

Put these 3 ingredients in a large microwavable bowl for about 45 seconds. Take out and stir. Do this repeatedly until the mixture is smooth.

While the water mixture is brewing, combine the following in a another large bowl:

4 pounds confectioners sugar
1/4 cup dutched cocoa
1/4 cup special dark hershey's cocoa

Once the water marshmallow mixer is smooth and ready, add the sugar mixture to the it and mix, and knead as usual for fondant. If it is too dry add a little more melted shortening until it is smooth, soft and pliable.

That's all there is too it! The trick to chocolate fondant is adding the fat. The more fat, the smoother it tastes as well as it handles.

Try this and I promise you can't go wrong and your customers will love it! If you need anymore help just let me know!

Lisa
icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%