Help Please - Edible Image Printer

Decorating By glory98 Updated 3 May 2009 , 1:16am by glory98

glory98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory98 Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 5

HI EVERYONE, I WANT TO PURCHASE AN EDIBLE IMAGE PRINTER BUT DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE. CAN SOMEONE HELP? NEED GOOD, LOW PRICE, GOOD QUALITY.

IDEAS ARE WELCOME

4 replies
ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:52pm
post #2 of 5

i will bump for yah!!

I want one too but some of the ones I have seen look like regular home printers So I would also love some imput .

great post !!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 5

I bought a regular (cheap, less than $100) cannon printer that is compatible with KopyKakes ink. Obviously, it is only used with the edible ink. If you go on KopyKakes website, they tell you which printers are compatible with their stuff. there is no need to spend a fortune and buy their printers. I only had one small problem and Cannon replaced the part, free, and overnight.

PhotoFrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PhotoFrost Posted 2 May 2009 , 12:07am
post #4 of 5

There are more than a few companies out there who offer deals on new systems. Canon printers are the best way to go in my opinion. Kopykake is one company, the company I work for is linked below. There is a few others as well, you just have to google edible image printer.

Just make sure you have all your questions answered before you dive in. Do you offer warranties on your printers?, cost of supplies, what makes your system better than others? do you offer upgrades as newer model printers come out? the different answers you will get might just surprise you.

Before you commit ask for samples of their products, most companies will be glad to send you a printed picture and a couple of blank sheets that you can not only feel, taste, see how easy they are to handle, but you can try them in your own printer to see how well they pass through the printer. Of course you can not eat them after you print them with regular ink ha ha, but it will help you get a good idea of what you will be working with.

Edible printers can be fun and profitable, and there are so many different applications they can be used with. They are somewhat a small investment given the return you can get from using them. Whatever you decide, my best wishes to you and enjoy it. icon_smile.gif

glory98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory98 Posted 3 May 2009 , 1:16am
post #5 of 5

thanks for your input phtofrost and pattycakenj - will be deciding soon on a printer thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%