What A Way To Start Over!

Decorating By mpetty Updated 2 May 2009 , 6:15am by luvsfreebies72

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all. I took my first Wilton class back in 2004 and used to visit CC all the time (mostly lurking). Two years ago I had to drop out of decorating and off the Web, but last week the urge to decorate came back, so here I am.

To feed my renewed addiction, I went to my local cake store today and bought a copy of the March/April edition of Mailbox News. When I got the magazine home, I opened it to a random page and almost fell on the floor...there was a photo of one of my cakes! It's the only photo I've ever sent to the magazine, but the real kicker is that I sent it 2 years ago and I no longer have the email address I used back then, so there was no way for the magazine to notify me. On top of that, today was the first time I've bought a copy of Mailbox News in 2 years, so having this happen was a complete coincidence. (FYI, I've uploaded a picture of the cake to the birthday cake gallery, though I'm still trying to figure out how to rotate the picture.)

I probably still won't be able to add anything to this wonderful community for while, but it's great to be back - this website is better than ever! thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 5

Wow, what a coincidence! Cool.

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:57am
post #3 of 5

That's just a little freaky....

Welcome back.

I started classes back in '98 and dabbled for a few years then stopped cause it was too hard to find the time with young kids. I've been back at it for about 2 yrs now...it's so much more enjoyable when you have the time!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 2 May 2009 , 3:18am
post #4 of 5

that is freaky! that actually just happened to me on wednesday. I'm new to facebook and I was searching for an old friend. I searched for a half hour, couldn't find his name so I thought, well he must not be signed up. Well later that night, I got a friend request from him. Proves the point that I am computer iliterate.. but it was so funny!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:15am
post #5 of 5

wow! I think somebody is trying to tell you something...

congrats and welcome back!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%