Confused!

Decorating By laurensmitty1982 Updated 1 May 2009 , 5:57pm by pianocat

laurensmitty1982 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurensmitty1982 Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 3

Im a newbie baker and I am curious if you can give me your opinons of if these can be left out and how long for..

How long can I leave out a cake with a filling that needs to be refrigerated?

Will a MMF covered cake be okay if I store it in the refrigerated overnight.

Can I use Almond bark chocolate to make ganache. I made it once before and it did well, but the second time it did nothing. I also didnt follow the directions so I dont know if that is why it turned out the first time and not the second..

I hate having to cook, fill and ice the day before and then put the fondont on and decorate the same day as its needed. I get stressed when Im on a time crunch and it would be so easy if I could put the fondont on the night before..
Any thoughts are appreciated..

2 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 3

Usually I bake one day, wrap in two layers of saran wrap and refrigerate them overnight. The next mroning remove them from the frig and allow to come to room temp without removing the saran wrap.

Then I tort and fill them and put on my buttercream. You can then refrigerate them again if you have a perrisable filling, otherwise you can put the fondant on right before delivery.

The cake stays moist and soft and there isn't such a time crunch.

HTH

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 3

How long you can leave a filled cake out depends on what type filling you are using. On another thread today they were saying as long as you let the condensation dry-that you can put mmf or any fondant in the refrigerator. I have not done it. I think Macsmom was the person that does that.

I don't know about using the Almond Bark, I've only used Choc.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%