Emergancy! Please Help Me!!!

Decorating By Karema Updated 5 May 2009 , 3:47am by fosterscreations

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 1 May 2009 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all I don't mean to sound rushed or panicked but I am about to lose it. I'm doing a confirmation cake that is due at 2:30 and I have to put an edible photo on it. Well my hubby but the edible photo in the fridge and it has been in there for about a week. I took it out today and let it come to room temp and it wont come off of the paper. It just is like cracking in feels kind of soft. What can I do to save the pic. I dont have another edible photo and I dont have the original to take it to the shop to have it printed. Help please!!! Can it be saved?

6 replies
KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:47am
post #2 of 7

Found this on the ebay site of a company that sells edible images :

http://stores.ebay.com.au/COLLECTORS-AND-PARTY-CORNER/EDIBLE-ICING-IMAGE-INSTRUCTIONS.html

HTH

Edited to provide link.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 7

Karema-send a shout out to your caker friends on Facebook. I saw several of them on there.

GL!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 7

I'm sure I'm to late, but was the pic in a sealed bag? It doesn't sound like it and it's probably just dried out? Hmmmm, not sure what to tell you. If you could have cut around it, you might leave it on the backing and just tell them what happened??

Jen icon_sad.gif

cjshoemake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjshoemake Posted 2 May 2009 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 7

There have been times when my EI has started cracking and I put it in the freezer for about 15 seconds. It hardens and then you can peel the EI right off.
I hope this finds you in time!!

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 4 May 2009 , 12:31am
post #6 of 7

thank you all for your help. I put it in the freezer and it popped right off. I love you guys!!!

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 5 May 2009 , 3:47am
post #7 of 7

I know I am late but I always put my EI's in the freezer for about a minute and then they pop right off and I lay it right on the cake. I have never had any troubles doing it that way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%