Graduation Cap

Decorating By sugaah Updated 7 May 2009 , 5:45pm by Price

sugaah Posted 1 May 2009 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 8

Instructions please in cake and gumpaste. THANKX

7 replies
Price Posted 1 May 2009 , 4:30pm
post #2 of 8

If putting the cap on top of a cake, I use a large cupcake. I cut the top off to make it flat and turn the cupcake upside down and cover it with fondant. For the mortor board, roll out a piece of fondant with tylose or gumpaste cute square to the size needed and let it dry to harden. When assembling the cap, use a little edible glue to attach the mortor board to the cupcake. I then roll a little ball and flatten it somewhat for the center button, and then I use my sugarcraft gun to make the tassle. You can see example in my pics. HTH


peg818 Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 8

for a cap on top of the cake i too use a cup cake pan, but i pour chocolate in the pan to make a cup and i use a large square cookie cutter to pour chocolate into for the motor board. Just flip the chocolate cup upside down and glue the square in place. use candy clay to make the tassel and the button thing on top of the cap.

diane Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 8

dumb question...what's a mortar board??? icon_confused.gif

Price Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 8

It's the flat square piece that sits on top of the cap.

sugaah Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:37pm
post #6 of 8

Wow - I never thought of a cupcake. Jumbo size or larger? Thanks for the great advice.

nonnyscakes Posted 7 May 2009 , 2:13pm
post #7 of 8
Originally Posted by diane

dumb question...what's a mortar board??? icon_confused.gif

It is the cap worn during graduation.

Price Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:45pm
post #8 of 8

That just depends on the size you want. I usually make mine in a large muffin tin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%