Ideas On Modern Wedding Monogramed Cookies?

Baking By poohthebear Updated 4 May 2009 , 2:02pm by michellesArt

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 1 May 2009 , 4:19am
post #1 of 3

I have a bride that is interested in monogramed cookies for her wedding but wants a modern twist on them. We may even be talking about cookie bouquets for table centerpieces. If I do those should I ice the front and back? We are talking about callylilies roses and then the monogramed in the center. Either that or 200 cookies to hand out to guests. Colors are bone, white, eggplant, and touches of black and silver.

2 replies
sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 3

Toba Garrett uses a "satin stitch" in icing to "embroider" her monograms--which is classic but can also be quite modern with your color choices. Toba's book, Creative Cookies, has a lot of great ideas.

It seems to me that cookie bouquet centerpieces at a wedding should look good all the way round--since they will be placed in the middle of the table. Perhaps other CC folks will have ideas about this.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 4 May 2009 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 3

if i were to do a bouquet i would turn the cookies so they all faced out (you wouldn't see the "backs" ) if i were just doing a monogram why not just white on white-a small square cookie with the 3 initials (ie mGm) very simple script and use the eggplant (must be a popular colour i have a bride using that colour too) as a ribbon to tie the bag

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%