What Kind Of Edible Pen Is Best?

Baking By giraffe11 Updated 2 May 2009 , 5:03am by cookiesbyms

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 1 May 2009 , 3:54am
post #1 of 6

Does it matter? I bought a set once, but they seemed to dry out really fast and I thought they were a total waste. Are there some that work better?
Thanks, Heather

5 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 6

I bought a set of Americolor markers, stuck them in a drawer, and forgot about them for at least a year or two. Took them out, and they still worked great! I thought they would've dried out, but they hadn't. I've been using them for quite some time, and one of the pens is finally running dry. I'll definitely be buying more! (I used them to write the name of the months on my "year of cookies" heart cookies).

Pebbles13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles13 Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 6

Like Gemini, I like the Americolor markers thumbs_up.gif

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 6

The Wilton ones are horrible - don't waste your money. I found out the hard way and complained to Wilton, they are replacing the amount I spent with another item and shipping it to me (so it wasn't a total waste in the end). I'm going to be buying the Americolor ones soon.

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 2 May 2009 , 4:58am
post #5 of 6

Thanks! I don't remember what kind the ones I bought were, but I will try a set of the Americolor.
Heather

cookiesbyms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiesbyms Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:03am
post #6 of 6

I too have bought the Americolors pens and find them to be great. I keep them in the fridge and they still work great even after a year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%