Still A Little Streaky Fondant

Decorating By mrsunknown Updated 1 May 2009 , 3:50am by Texas_Rose

mrsunknown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsunknown Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:39am
post #1 of 3

hey, would really appreciate it if someone could give me some advice.

I have made chocolate fondant and i have coloured it black......i coloured it last night, thought i had needed the colour through and left it overnight to rest and to make sure that the colour had distruibuted properly, needed again this morning and seemed fine, rolled out to cover cake board and ther are just a few streaks that i can't seem to need out.

Is there a few drops of something i can add to help distribute it? i used powdered food colouring, with a little liquid black to help work it in, but this is the first time working with chocolate fondant, i have never had this streaky problem with normal fondant??

Advice please??
TIA

2 replies
mrsunknown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsunknown Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:53am
post #2 of 3

Could it have something to do with the chocolate?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 1 May 2009 , 3:50am
post #3 of 3

I've never used powder food color because it's not easy to find here. When I made chocolate fondant and colored it black with gel color, it took the color well.

If you're using marshmallow fondant, sometimes when it's hard to mix the color in you can microwave it for a couple of seconds (but be careful, if it looks melted then don't touch it!) to soften it up so it's easier to knead.

The other thing you can do is paint your fondant with a little black color mixed with vodka or almond extract, and that will cover up the streaks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%