Has Anyone Ever Made A Chocolate Waterfall Into A Pond????

Lounge By poohthebear Updated 1 May 2009 , 7:58pm by poohthebear

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 4

I want to make thinned chocolate syrup flow from a pump over chocolate that would look like slate around it, into a very small pond. Are you getting the jest?? Has anyone ever done this? I have the pump and I know how to thin the syrup but food safe pond?? Or what would you use?? I know it will take alot of chocolate to cover the outside of the "pond", thinking about using almond bark, isn't that the cheapest?? What do you think?? Is this even possible???

3 replies
txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 4

That is a really cool idea. I hope someone who knows about it sees this thread. Be sure and post pics if you are able to make it.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 4

pooh, what a creative idea! I think I know what you want to accoplish. I think that if your chocolate is going to be warm that would be where you would have prolems. I would say make a molded chocolate pond but warm chocolate would melt it. I don't knwo how gum paste would hold up but maybe someone else would know? I know you can buy those chocolate rocks that would give your edging a realistic appearance. Is it going on a cake? Is it for dipping things like strawberries in? You have me very intrigued now.

poohthebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohthebear Posted 1 May 2009 , 7:58pm
post #4 of 4

Hi Beeboos-8599 - No what I mean is to use one of those plastic in ground pond contrapsions, build chocolate bricks or stone look around it and some how pump it up top to make it look like a waterfall coming down into the pond. Does that make since?? Then all around it you could set up your dipping foods with scewers. Okay so today I was thinking about how much all of the chocolate would cost and how heavy it would be so I started thinking about using chocolate covered RCT to make the bricks! What do you think??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%