Need Ideas For Grandma's Gifts For First Mother's Day

Lounge By jewelykaye Updated 2 May 2009 , 5:03pm by jewelykaye

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 5

My daughter is 14 months old so technically this isn't the first Mother's Day but the last Mother's day we were still getting used to having a child so we didn't do anything.

I'm trying to think of something cute to make for the two Grandma's this Mother's Day. Something that would incorporate my daughter somehow.

Of course, I'm on a budget so nothing too fancy.

Any ideas???

4 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 1 May 2009 , 12:10am
post #2 of 5

Have you seen those garden *stepping stone* kits at Michael's? You could make your own if you don't want to buy the kit. (I think they're under $10)

It's basically a *plaster* type product that you mix up, and you can press your DD's footprint/handprint into it and let it dry. Then you just paint and decorate it, maybe write the year and Happy Mother's Day. They look really cute in the garden and it's a nice keepsake.

When my kids were young we made one each year and I still have them in my garden. icon_smile.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 5

My in-laws still use the mugs we made when my two youngest were tiny. Baby handprints with special paint, then you bake the mug to set it.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:15am
post #4 of 5

I've made the stepping stones also which are wonderful to have.

You could always just paint her hands and feet and put them on a piece of larger sized art paper. I've done that before for the grandparents with the picture of my kids in the center and then bought a frame for it.

I've also went to the hardware store and bought a thin magnet type of material (to cover up a vent) and put my kids feet prints and hand prints on them and then cut them out. They still are getting used many years later.

Some of the best gift though are the little pictures that kids draw.

jewelykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelykaye Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:03pm
post #5 of 5

Wonderful suggestions ladies! Thank you! I will definitely be using some of these.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%