Swine Flu Cancellations?

Decorating By mackeymom Updated 2 May 2009 , 6:58pm by angelicconfections

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:06pm
post #61 of 81

thanks for the clarification, texas_rose!

tita, we Bajans would probably suffer from withdrawal symptoms if we couldn't eat pork...boy do we love some pork!! Baked pork, pork stew, local dish called pudding 'n souse, adding a piece of pigtail (aka salt meat) to a pot of rice whilst cooking and, last but not least, BBQ PIGTAILS!!!!!!!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:14pm
post #62 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

He also agrees the hype is politically motivated.

I would love for you to explain just what this means. What possible motive could any political figure have in adding this to the country's worries? I'm sorry, I think this is a meaningless statement.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:22pm
post #63 of 81

Just take this test to find out...

Do I have swine flu?

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:23pm
post #64 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyboots

thanks for the clarification, texas_rose!

tita, we Bajans would probably suffer from withdrawal symptoms if we couldn't eat pork...boy do we love some pork!! Baked pork, pork stew, local dish called pudding 'n souse, adding a piece of pigtail (aka salt meat) to a pot of rice whilst cooking and, last but not least, BBQ PIGTAILS!!!!!!!

Who are YOU tellin'. Both my DH and I are of Puerto Rican decent (and I'm half black), so you know we have to have our pork. There's a city in Puerto Rico that's known for how well they make Pork Cracklin's so that tells you something. My DH once said, if he could drink pork he would.

Ruth0209 Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:28pm
post #65 of 81

Really!! Is life even worth living without bacon????

JenLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenLen Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:37pm
post #66 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

Do I have swine flu?

Perfect!!!!!!!!!!! People need to just calm down. icon_smile.gif

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:51pm
post #67 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tita9499

My DH once said, if he could drink pork he would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

LOL!!!

Tita9499 Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:04pm
post #68 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

icon_confused.gif Psssh! Uhhh, no. Not in my world.

angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:04pm
post #69 of 81

I am a home baker and while I didn't have any orders for this week I had to cancel a meet today. I wasn't heartbroken, it's the relative of a friend who wants a wedding cake for $100. Anyway I had to cancel and not go to my day job b/c I got phone call from the school nurse. My daughter who is in kindergarten suddenly developed a headache and fever at school. I work for a large insurance company and we have been instructed to not come to work if we or anyone one in our household has any flu symptoms without it affecting attendance. That is saying somthing.

Tita9499 Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:05pm
post #70 of 81

You are taking your DD to the doctor right?

Mommy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy_Cakes Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:20pm
post #71 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

It hasn't killed anyone in America yet...how many people died from regular flu in America? Its killing Mexicans because they have inferior medical care as well as hygiene.

The media neglects to compare actual statistics as they continue to frighten us with the flu news.

Actually I was diagnosed with a condition in California and was told there was nothing they could do about it.
I eventually saw a doctor in Mexico who told me what they diagnosed me with would require surgery, however I didn't have that condition. He prescribed some meds and a few days later I was better.

Also I believe an infant in TX. passed away.

Edited to add: I was misdiagnoses by 2 California doctors and a third one could only tell me what I didn't have.

angelicconfections Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:36pm
post #72 of 81

yes a little boy, just 18 months old died in TX from the flu. He was from Mexico City and was visiting relatives with his family when he fell ill. And yes, I took my daughter to the Dr, they are running the test there was appearntly a confirmed case within 30 miles of us and with her 4 suspected cases. She is a very healthy little girl who has only 2 twice needed antibotics in her 6 yrs. We were assured she should be fine.

yeastconfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yeastconfection Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:40pm
post #73 of 81

My Great Grandmother who is now 96 years old was 5 years old in 1918. Her mother (my Great Great Grandmother) died from the 1918 flu. She was in her 30's & was perfectly healthy and had no immune system problems. I can't help but get nervous and take this serious!

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:43pm
post #74 of 81

angelicconfections...I cant even imagine how worried you must be, I hope your daughters test comes out negative. Keep us posted, hugs

Tita9499 Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:45pm
post #75 of 81

angelicconfections: I believe she'll be fine, but I'm still going to be praying for her.

Ruth0209 Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:46pm
post #76 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicconfections

... I took my daughter to the Dr, they are running the test there was appearntly a confirmed case within 30 miles of us and with her 4 suspected cases. She is a very healthy little girl who has only 2 twice needed antibotics in her 6 yrs. We were assured she should be fine.

Wow, that would unnerve me. They've said most U.S. cases have been mild. I'll keep you and your daughter in my prayers.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:55pm
post #77 of 81

Oh look, its milder than originally thought:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518578,00.html

Regarding an earlier question, I can't get into the politics of this because it probably runs approximately along party lines and it would be the quickest way to get this thread closed and trashed.

Anyway...even a "flu expert" in the article says its no worse than regular seasonal flu.

I guess my lowly blood banking dad was right. LOL. (Not that I care who agrees or disagrees...everyone has their job and everyone is important.)

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:48am
post #78 of 81

I just read that the Swine Flu is now in Maine... as the mother of a toddler who had a fever today, of course this stupid issue went through my mind. icon_mad.gif I won't get into the politics either, infact I just deleted my previous post, but this (like lots of other issues like it) was completely avoidable.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:51am
post #79 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

Do I have swine flu?

LMFAO

angelicconfections Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:57am
post #80 of 81

Thanks everyone for your concern and prayers, Anna is an increadibly healthly little girl who usually bounces back from a fever in under 24 hours. She's asleep next to me in bed right now, sound asleep. We'll be just fine. I have seen reports that the flu isn't as bad as expected and we do have one thing going for us all in the us, broad spectrum antiboitics. Pneuomia caused by the flu was a huge factor during the influenza infection during WWI, but even the Dr today thought for most part Anna needs rest and all the popsicles, oj, and sprite she wants. I got her to eat a pb&j and half a peach for supper, so she's not too bad. thanks again icon_smile.gif

angelicconfections Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:58pm
post #81 of 81

my girl does not appear to have the flu icon_biggrin.gif She woke up this morning still a little under the weather but no fever. she just has a little cold, she'll be right as april rain by monday. all the prayers must have worked, thanks all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%