Please I Need Help With Spanish Language!! ..

Español By Charmed Updated 2 May 2009 , 10:21pm by Frankyola

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 13

I would appreciate if anyone who speaks spanish could help me with this video...in this video which is about making Tres leche cake , the chef pours a yellow icing over the cake which he made from mixing some kind of liquid cream (maybe heavy or whipping cream) with royal icing or some other type of icing (maybe it was whipped cream). Could anyone please let me know what is the yellow icing made up of? Here is a link to the video for the yellow icing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocF_bwGERjU&feature=channel_page

this is the link with the recipe and ingredients for the cake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwwXApM895E&NR=1

Thanks for your help thumbs_up.gif

12 replies
Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 13

Just saw the beginning of the 3rd. part. He uses cream (I suppose he the same used to ice the cake white) and adds a little liquid cream and some yellow color.
HTH

Frankyola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed

I would appreciate if anyone who speaks spanish could help me with this video...in this video which is about making Tres leche cake , the chef pours a yellow icing over the cake which he made from mixing some kind of liquid cream (maybe heavy or whipping cream) with royal icing or some other type of icing (maybe it was whipped cream). Could anyone please let me know what is the yellow icing made up of? Here is a link to the video for the yellow icing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocF_bwGERjU&feature=channel_page

this is the link with the recipe and ingredients for the cake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwwXApM895E&NR=1

Thanks for your help thumbs_up.gif

Hi charmed!!! look the yellow icing is made of Whipping cream o can be heavy whipping cream too he use some of the whip cream that he use to ice the cake and he add more so the consistency can be runny and he add yellow coloring. that is all he use if you have any other ??? just send me a message ok?

Happy baking thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Charmed Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 13

Frankyola and Omicake, thank you sooo much I really appreciate your help and so fast yeaahhh thumbs_up.gif

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 13

Just saw part 2 and he whipped cream and covered the cakes; in part 3, he takes some of the whipped cream an adds a little of some of the left over liquid whipping cream (not whipped) , and some yellow color.

Frankyola Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:08pm
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed

Frankyola and Omicake, thank you sooo much I really appreciate your help and so fast yeaahhh thumbs_up.gif

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

FabulousCreationsByIsury Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FabulousCreationsByIsury Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:39pm
post #7 of 13

Hello charmed, I just saw all of the videos and read all of the comments and he said that the cream that he uses is the BETTERCREAM. He said that he uses the same cream which comes as liquid form and adds the yellow coloring. Hope that helps. and thank you for posting this question; that cake looks delicious and his technique to smooth the cake would help a lot. thank you again. thumbs_up.gif

Tonini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tonini Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:15am
post #8 of 13

Hi Charmed,

He is actually using whipping cream. The kind you buy either at Costco or Smart & Final. I it's something like Pastry Pride....not sure but I know there is a Pride in there somewhere.

I hope this helps.

aide27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aide27 Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:02am
post #9 of 13

hi charmed i saw all 3 parts and he uses heavy cream and he iced the cake then he uses again what he had left and he aded more heavy cream to make it thiner that way the chantilly cake fall to the sides of the cake(the yellow stuff is just vegetable or gel color)when you mix heavy cream and sugar with the kitchen mixer you make what is call chantilly cream it is very ligth in flavor I hope you read my post before you make it ,good luck.

aide27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aide27 Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:04am
post #10 of 13

hi charmed i saw all 3 parts and he uses heavy cream and he iced the cake then he uses again what he had left and he aded more heavy cream to make it thiner that way the chantilly cake fall to the sides of the cake(the yellow stuff is just vegetable or gel color)when you mix heavy cream and sugar with the kitchen mixer you make what is call chantilly cream it is very ligth in flavor I hope you read my post before you make it ,good luck.

Charmed Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:26pm
post #11 of 13

Thank you again everybody thumbs_up.gif

Charmed Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:26pm
post #12 of 13

Thank you again everybody thumbs_up.gif

Frankyola Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:21pm
post #13 of 13

Charmed I did send you a PM thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif