Air Bubbles In Fondant!! Help!! 911!!

Decorating By ExcitedNewbie Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 7:54pm by ExcitedNewbie

ExcitedNewbie Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 7

I am trying to roll out some MMF that I made last night. It was so nice last night. I wrapped it in plastic and kept it at room temperature. As I was rolling it out today it was full of air bubbles. I have tried to roll it out 3 times, but they keep showing up. Can anyone please tell me WHY they are there and what can be done to avoid this in the future?

THANK YOU!!!

excitednewbie

6 replies
michellesArt Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 7

air can get trapped when kneading or mixing in colour. after i roll fondant out if there are air bubbles i take a pin and prick and smooth it out. hope that helps icon_smile.gif

sweetjan Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 7

All I know to offer is the pin-prick method like michellesArt said....then smooth back over that little hole.

ExcitedNewbie Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you MichellesArt and Sweetjan! icon_biggrin.gif

jsmith Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 7

For the next time you make fondant, I like to add 2 tsp. of corn syrup (during the soupy stage) to help with the pliability. It really cuts down on all the little air bubbles and "pock marks". And for some reason, I find the Walmart brand of marshmallows works better.

idjitmom Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 7

I add glycerin during the 'soupy' stage, and I stir it well to get some of the air out. Won't hurt, might help...

ExcitedNewbie Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:54pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you SO much jsmith and idjitmom!! Your advice gives me hope!! I really needed that right now! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%