How Should I Make A Guitar Amplifier Cake Stand Up

Decorating By dodiegirl Updated 4 May 2009 , 1:25pm by bakers2

dodiegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodiegirl Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 2

I need to make a Marshall guitar amplifier cake for a boys 16th birthday. the dimensions are 16'' long, 10''width/depth, 18'' high.
Of course a cake wont stand like this so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can make this cake stand up. The mom wants real cake but I was thinking that I could box the cake in with rice krispie cake to make it stand and give it a more of a boxed look?

I could just layer it from bottom to the top say like the sizes of a pound cake and just keep piling them upwards?

Help please...

1 reply
bakers2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakers2 Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 2

Cake will stand up like this without a problem as lond as it's properly supported - if you make 6 tiers - each three inches high (or 4 tier at 4" tall and one tier at 2" tall) - each on a separate board - dowel between each tier - stack and decorate . I would recommend that you run three dowels - in a triangle pattern - through all the tiers after they are stacked for stability. It will be challanging to transport since it is tall and skinny - you should probably have someone 'babysit' it while moving it

...also this is approximately 280 servings of cake.... that's a lot!

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%