Anyone Have A Current Kitchenaid Online Code??

Decorating By SweetHobby Updated 1 May 2009 , 11:29pm by SweetHobby

SweetHobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetHobby Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 12

I want to buy a refurbished mixer and the "value3" code someone here suggested is no longer working. Does anyone have a current code?? Thanks so much!

11 replies
ivgotahalo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivgotahalo Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:19am
post #2 of 12

bumping b/c I'm about $20 away from buying my own KA!!!

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:28am
post #3 of 12
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:23am
post #4 of 12

What a bummer ~ VALUE3 is now an invalid code. That's too bad! I bought several mixers using that code.

The only code that I did get to work is KACBD6 which gives you free shipping. Better than nothing, I guess!

lesalyric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lesalyric Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 12

I don't know how much you are looking to spend, but I bought my refrurb Pro6 on Amazon for $199.99 and since it was over $25 got free shipping.

Just an option if the KA code doesn't pan out. icon_biggrin.gif

SweetHobby Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:35pm
post #6 of 12

I ended up finding the free shipping code and using that one. It was a bummer not to also have the 20% off, but I figured it was still a good deal. I hope I don't regret buying refurbished, but I still have a 6 month warranty so I plan on using it like crazy the first few months to be sure everything is okay with it.

I am SO excited. I have wanted a KA mixer for years and years and to end up with not just a mixer, but a 6 quart one....this is better than Christmas!!!! LOL

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:42pm
post #7 of 12

I let dollar signs make my decision and got one off eBay. It was brand new and I was thrilled. Well ... the bowl is out of adjustment - the beater hits the side, not the bottom - I can't fix it and there is no warranty because I got it off eBay. I'm now looking at dropping another $300-400 ... icon_cry.gif

SweetHobby, please let us know how your refurbished one works.

Martha

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 1 May 2009 , 8:17pm
post #8 of 12

Lisa,

I have purchased 3 refurbs from Kitchenaid. The first, a Pro600, I dropped out of the back of my Suburban after 3 years of flawless service and broke it. I bought another one, also a Pro600, which always had a little delay when switching between speeds, but I ignored it. Well, the other day it would only go from off to super-fricking-high-speed. I called Kitchenaid and they told me that it was a couple of months out of warranty, and wanted to give me the address of the nearest service center. I told the customer service rep that I was not going to pay to have it repaired and I was disappointed that the problem occurred outside of my warranty (I was just telling her this factually, not complaining). She put me on hold and then came back on the line to tell me that KA wants to keep me happy, so they are sending me a replacement model. Haha! It arrived yesterday and it is spiffy.

The first refurb I bought from them some years ago is in perfect working order.

I would definitely go this route again if I needed to buy another one. icon_smile.gif

Enjoy your new KA!

mbt4955 Posted 1 May 2009 , 8:24pm
post #9 of 12

Do you get your refurbished mixers directly from KA? I'm not finding them on the website, but it looks like Sears, Amazon.com, etc. have them.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 1 May 2009 , 9:06pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbt4955

Do you get your refurbished mixers directly from KA? I'm not finding them on the website, but it looks like Sears, Amazon.com, etc. have them.

Yup, here's the site:

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/category.asp?CAT=OUTLET

I actually bought mine brand new from then from the closeout link last year. It was a brand new 6qt professional series for $269 with free shipping.

Here's one that is refurbished:

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_detail.asp?HDR=search&T1=KTA+RKP26M1XCV

mbt4955 Posted 1 May 2009 , 9:09pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks!

SweetHobby Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:29pm
post #12 of 12

Thanks so much for the reassurance about getting a refurb. I don't have very good luck with electronics and things when I buy them new, so I figured why not take a chance and go this route, lol. It can't be any worse. I am just thrilled for it to get here, and I am seeing from the links above that the colors they had listed when I ordered are now gone. I like the glossy cinnamon color but ordered a pewter because that is what they had. Oh well, I am sure it will be pretty anyhow. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%