Sour Cream In Cakes...

Baking By JayTeresa Updated 6 May 2009 , 7:57pm by DeeDelightful

JayTeresa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayTeresa Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 9:59am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone, I was looking thru the cake recipe's and noticed alot of them have sour cream in them, I don't like sour cream and was wondering whether you can actually taste it. I was also wondering the same for the frostings with the cream cheese??
Thanks

6 replies
MegnD83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MegnD83 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 10:07am
post #2 of 7

No you can't taste it in the cakes, as far as the frosting goes, I'm not sure.

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 10:35am
post #3 of 7

You'll never taste the sour cream in the cakes, you'll just enjoy how moist it makes it! However, you will certainly taste cream cheese in frosting. Yummy in my house though! icon_smile.gif (Especially macsmom's white chocolate truffle recipe thumbs_up.gif )Good luck!

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 10:54am
post #4 of 7

I don't like the taste of sour cream either tapedshut.gif and I was very skeptical about using it in my cakes. After months of reading about it here on CC, I figured I would try it. I already had my mind made up that it would make the taste of cake gross. I was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! What an amazing difference it made. Just try it...... you'll be so pleased with the result!

thumbs_up.gif

JayTeresa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayTeresa Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:42am
post #5 of 7

Thanks, for your answers, will have to make one soon.
Now which one to try, so many to choose......... icon_confused.gif

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 6 May 2009 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 7

I too was afraid to use it but was glad I did because the cake turned out sooo good!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 6 May 2009 , 7:57pm
post #7 of 7

It's delicious. Try it on a box cake, use 4 eggs, 1/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup sugar, 8 oz sour cream, 1/3 cup of water and that's it. it's really moist and absolutely NO sour cream flavor whatsoever. i use it in a scratch pound cake recipe, also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%