Does Anyone Have Mike's Amazing Cakes Car Dvd?

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 7:32pm by arosstx

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:34am
post #1 of 13

I just saw he's selling one. His cakes are, well, amazing and I'd love to see his techniques. I can't say I have a burning desire to make a car cake though. Does anyone have it? Is it worth the $40?

12 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:43am
post #2 of 13

Yes! It is so worth the money. It's great to watch and he gives some great information that can be used for other cake designs.

Michele

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:43am
post #3 of 13

Yes! It is so worth the money. It's great to watch and he gives some great information that can be used for other cake designs.

Michele

Bellatheball Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:53am
post #4 of 13

Michele, thanks!

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:56pm
post #5 of 13

Where can you order this DVD?? I have wanted to make a car for quite a while, but just don't know how!! (LOL) I have a father who would love to have a car cake for his birthday...

Would someone mind telling where to order it from??

Thanks
Rhonda

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:06pm
post #6 of 13

YES!! It is absolutely worth every penny...

It's 2 hours long and he shows you EVERY detail in making a Mustang GT car cake...it's mind-blowing (well, it was to me, LOL).

You can also put the DVD into your computer to get his personal cake, buttercream, and modeling choc. recipes...a long list of web addresses to aid in making the cake (like the blueprint site to print out your car pattern from), a list of tools and materials needed, and a written outline of everything he does on camera.

Here's where you can order: http://www.cakenology.com/

Bellatheball Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:11pm
post #7 of 13

Thanks Flour Pots. Apparently I didn't need much encouragement because I ordered after Michele's comment. LOL! icon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

Rhonda, google Mike's Amazing Cakes. His website is amazing and the info is there.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:22pm
post #8 of 13

Awesome...you're going to love it!!

(I can't wait for him to put out another one).

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:23pm
post #9 of 13

The first and only car cakes I did were thanks to his dvd. It is "amazing," much like Mike himself! He does such a thorough job. Well worth the $$.

My cars are posted, if you want to see the result. The black one was the first one I ever did, and to me, it was huge - fed 40. The second one was so much faster and easier as a result, and fed 25. Couldn't have done it without Mike!

P.S. I LOVE his modeling chocolate recipe and use it a LOT. It's on there, as is his bc recipe, and other stuff I can't remember!

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:36pm
post #10 of 13

I have it too and love it... I often apply a lot of the techniques I learned from that video as well..

Bellatheball Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:36pm
post #11 of 13

arosstx, normally I'd say, "WOW, you must have learned a ton from him!"Then I realized I've admired all of your cakes in the last few months. LOL. Something tells me you'd have done a great car without instruction. icon_biggrin.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:18pm
post #12 of 13

WOW! Beautiful cakes - I think that DVd is worth looking into.

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 7:32pm
post #13 of 13

Ok seriously, ya'll are making my day but I tell you the truth when I say that without the dvd those cars would've looked MUCH different.

Usually when someone wants a car cake they are looking for the specific features that make the car THAT particular car. Mike's dvd really helps you how define what that is and bring it out in cake form.

I guess that's why he's so amazing! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%