Fondarific

Decorating By SarahN Updated 1 May 2009 , 4:42pm by SarahN

SarahN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahN Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 9

Hello! 1st time poster here icon_redface.gif
Just got my samples of Fondarific and have to put in my 2 cents!
1. Very pliable! The more I worked with it, the softer it became until it was almost too soft! I either need to work faster, or add confectionary sugar.
2. Tastes pretty darn good! The strawberry was a bit too sweet for me- I wouldn't want a cake covered in it, but accents might be nice on a white cake with strawberry filling. The BC and vanilla flavors were nice and mild. I could definitely cover a cake in either.

Okay, I'm out of cents! Would love to hear what others think of Fondarific- especially anyone who's covered a cake with it!

(attached is a rose I made with the strawberry flavor while tasting my samples- excuse the pic quality, my camera doesn't like close ups!)
Sarah
LL

8 replies
mashmellow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mashmellow Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 9

Thank you for the info, nice rose, I will try it

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:28am
post #3 of 9

Welcome to the world of Fondarific. We love it, too! The buttercream tastes yummy!!!

Here's a tip: Melt it down to a soupy consistency & dip cupcakes into it! Beautiful!

Paul & Peter

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:35am
post #4 of 9

I thought it was a bit too sweet, especially the strawberry ... I dnt think I would cover a whole cake in it, but it would be great for small accents...
JMO

Mizuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mizuki Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:40am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Guys

Welcome to the world of Fondarific. We love it, too! The buttercream tastes yummy!!!

Here's a tip: Melt it down to a soupy consistency & dip cupcakes into it! Beautiful!

Paul & Peter

Ooohh, what a great tip! Can't wait to try that! Thanks! thumbs_up.gif
I don't do a whole lot of whole cake fondant. Mostly I use it for just accent pieces, and I LOVE Fondarific for that. Great workability time, great flavor (especially the fruity flavors for kid's cakes) and easy to use..good stuff for sure. icon_biggrin.gif

Sara-belle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara-belle Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:49am
post #6 of 9

Thanks for the info!! I'm making my first wedding cake and have been a little worried about my first tasting of fondant! Love to work with it, but not so yummy! I just ordered a sample pack from fondarific!

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:42am
post #7 of 9

I went to a cake dec store in another town last weekend. They were promoted fondarific and giving out samples of all the flavors. Wow! The orange and cherry tasted like starburst. I can't imagine covering a cake with it, other than a kids cake who loves those flavors. The butter was excellent.

I love the idea of dipping the cupcakes. I'm definitely going to keep that one in mind. Thanks for the idea!

SHogg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHogg Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:24am
post #8 of 9

I've tried samples and it is delish. Haven't used it on a cake yet. I want to make one of my daughters a candy themed bday cake and use the different flavors of fondarific to make candy pieces, i think the kids would love that.

SarahN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahN Posted 1 May 2009 , 4:42pm
post #9 of 9

SHogg- What a great idea!! I'd love to see that cake (umm...and eat it too) so please let me know if/when you do it.

Sarah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%