Graduation Cake - 2 Kids, 2 Schools - One Cake Help

Decorating By trishvanhoozer Updated 1 May 2009 , 6:45pm by BeeBoos-8599_

trishvanhoozer Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:20pm
post #1 of 6

My step daughter and my son are both graduating on the same weekend and we are having one party for them both. I need an idea for one cake that I can make for both of them to enjoy. Colors for her school are green and blue and his are red and black, so I am thinking it will be ultra difficult to use the school colors -- she is an honor student with straight As and he is an average student with As and Bs......

5 replies
saycheese Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 6

what about doing tiers? one for her & one for him? I saw a couple in the graduation cakes gallery like that.

or half and half sheet divided diagonally for visual interest?

grammynan Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 6

I would make two cakes and personalize each one.

aggiechef Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 6

I like the idea of the half sheet divided diagonally - like saycheese said, visually interesting...

cricket0616 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 6

What about an open yearbook. Some high schools have a "senior" page section where each child (that is willing to pay for it) has their own page. You can have an edible picture of each child on their page and then give a bio of each child and place things on their individual page that represent them.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 6

I like ther idea of the cake being divided in half and put the mascots on the proper side maybe like they are rivals?

Quote by @%username% on %date%