Nervousssss! Cc'ers I Need Your Advice Please :)

Decorating By Chippi Updated 12 May 2009 , 5:34pm by RetiredNavyChief

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 29

Hi CC'ers,

I just found out both of my stress tests came back abnormal and I have a heart cath scheduled for in the morning. I know I can handle it, I did this knowing something was wrong. So I should feel much much better after this is all done. I'm happy but nervous knowing the unknown and getting it fixed. Say lotsa prayers for me!

Now for the big thing! I called about a cake decorating job at a real nice professional baker here in okc. She wants me to come in Friday and decorate a cake and she said she wants me to WOW! her. She doesn't want any roses. I am thinking of doing a soft pastel cake w/ a white embroidery flower design. I NEED SOME IDEAS CC'ERS icon_smile.gif My mind is not where it should be and I do want to WOW her! I mentioned that I have worked with fondant and bc both. She said she was not a fan of fondant. (I'll see if i can change that icon_twisted.gif ) She said they have 6 wedding cakes coming up. I'M SO EXCITED and NERVOUS! I am going to get a portfolio together to take.

Okay I am truly a cake-a-holic after reading this and seeing that the bakery interview makes me more nervous than the heart cath. God has his ways of helping us and this interview will help me thru tomorrow! icon_smile.gif

Chippiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

28 replies
superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 29

Chippi, my prayers are with you, let us know the results of your heart cat. Now, don't stress about your cake interview!!! just take a deep breath & trust God to see you through with confidence. Keep saying to yourself...keep calm, looking forward to hearing about this interview too. God Bless.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 29

You do a great job on your cakes. I am sure you can handle anything she throws at you. But...

Let me make sure I understand. You are having a heart cath procedure TOMORROW morning on Thursday, April 30, and then the NEXT DAY, on Friday May 1, you are supposed to WOW a bakery owner.

You will probably be fine, but I'm concerned you will not be up to 100% by the next morning. These procedures are not always a piece of cake (sorry) and take a little time to get past. Have you discussed with your MD how you will feel after the heart cath and how long your recuperation will be? Can you delay the "audition" at the bakery for a few days?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 29

Good luck with the heart cath and the "cake test."

How about wisteria hanging down the sides of the cake, and a two of them encircling the top border?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 29

Yes talk to your doctor for those proceedures angios and caths ( my daughter does them) you usually have to stay over night it just goes with the test so don't get alarmed but you might want to see if you can delay the interview at the bakery until next week some time and your better rested.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 29

My thought and prayers are with you on both issues. I really think you should delay the interview a few days, I'm sure she'll understand giving the reason.

Good Luck!

Chippi Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 8:12pm
post #7 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildrose6633

Yes talk to your doctor for those proceedures angios and caths ( my daughter does them) you usually have to stay over night it just goes with the test so don't get alarmed but you might want to see if you can delay the interview at the bakery until next week some time and your better rested.

I guess I'm lil on the anxious side hoping everything is going to go so smooth and i'll be back running on Friday. icon_sad.gif I will be calling her tomorrow evening regarding Friday so I'll play it by ear but you guys are probably right....next Monday is lookin more like it. She wanted me there tomorrow but then said Friday and I didn't want to say no to that also. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I know........I can have my daughter run my portfolio up to her on Friday if I can't make it! icon_smile.gif That will give me time to come up with a WOW cake! It is going to be buttercream for sure since she's not a fan of the fondant.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and advice. CC site and the members has been and will always be a blessing from God icon_smile.gif

Chippi

SweetMelissa2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 8:58pm
post #8 of 29

How about WOWing her with a mind blowing fondant? I saw yesterday a thread about jello fondant and I bet it tastes alot like the new(ish) fondarific. Everyone said it tastes great!! The recipe is in the recipe section. Good luck with everything-you're in my prayers.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 9:09pm
post #9 of 29

Chippi............. I have had an angioplasti.. not one, but four actually. Try to relax, and concentrate on the wonderful news.. you are going to feel soooo much better afterwards.
However, please push that appt for audition off for a week, if possible. You do not need to be stressed right now.. Your health has to come first.. Period.. icon_smile.gif Please PM me if you want to, and I will pray for you..

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 9:12pm
post #10 of 29

I agree with Cakesbylj - Ive had 4 also and although your not in alot of pain - your leg will be quite sore for at least 4-5 days - so please put your interview off a few daze! You'll be glad you did!
And Godspeed our Cakey friend! Good Luck!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 9:21pm
post #11 of 29

Honey the best of luck with the cath, but you aren't going to be able to do that interview the next day. You will need to stay off your feet as much as possible for at least 2 days. My husband is an 11 yr heart patient and we go through this every few months or so with him. Depending on if they find anything on the cath you may not even leave the hospital tomorrow.

I am not trying to rain on your parade just open your eyes to the unknown. If it were me I would try to reschedule the interview for Monday. If they just got your stress results and have you going for a cath tomorrow there is definitly something they are looking for.

Again not trying to freak you out, but honey I would hate for you to miss this opportunity with the bakery due to bad scheduling.

Now that said. My prayers are with you and I am sure it will all be ok. Just stay relaxed and if you do get to go to the interview friday or if you reschedule it I wish you the best of luck. I know you can do it..your work is fabulous!

destinyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destinyrn Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:38am
post #12 of 29

Best wishes Chippi.

Chippi Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:15am
post #13 of 29

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. Here I am and can't sleep. I really like the new touches they are changing to CC. Easier to the eye. Talk to you all soon.

Chippi!

Chippi Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:28pm
post #14 of 29

Hi everyone!

Well you all were correct. I postponed til Monday. They found 90% blockage in one of my main arterys and 50% in 2 others. He stented the main one. I'm doing fine except I have this huge hematoma in my groin where I bled into my leg and hurts like a dickens. This did slow me down. Thank you all for the wonderful prayers you got me thru this!

God Bless,
Chippi

CakesByLJ Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:36pm
post #15 of 29

I am so happy to hear the news.. Thank goodness it is fixed, and over with. I thought about you and very relieved to hear... icon_biggrin.gif I actually had a nuclear stress test and an echocardiogram myself today.. I get the results next week... I am praying for good news as well....

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 1 May 2009 , 11:46pm
post #16 of 29

chippi glad to hear your doing better, take it easy and find something you enjoy (thats easy on you icon_smile.gif) and focus on that. a good mood does wonders for recovery and also helps keep your mind off things icon_smile.gif keep us in touch with your progress icon_smile.gif

GayeG Posted 2 May 2009 , 12:05am
post #17 of 29

Aww Chippi .. Thats great news that they were able to stent it!! You'll feel great in another few days! My first & second angio did the same in my groin - all the way to my knee .. had to go back to surgery to fix it icon_sad.gif but after all was said and done, I sure felt alot better - getting all that blood flow back! *does a body good!

I had my 4th one done in Feb where I found out that one of my stents was completely closed again icon_sad.gif So gotta go back soon .. just trying to qualify for a program for the Plavix b4 I can.

CakesByLJ - you will most def be in my prayers! I hope all turns out great for you also - or at least its something that can be repaired!

Please know you both are in my prayers! please keep us up with how things are going!

Now Relax - keep your feet up a few days and break a leg Monday!! (so to speak!) And dont forget to post!!

CakesByLJ Posted 2 May 2009 , 12:11am
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayeG

CakesByLJ - you will most def be in my prayers! I hope all turns out great for you also - or at least its something that can be repaired!

Please know you both are in my prayers! please keep us up with how things are going!

Now Relax - keep your feet up a few days and break a leg Monday!! (so to speak!) And dont forget to post!!

Thank you GayeG... and I second that to Chippi... knock em off their feet on Monday~!

Chippi Posted 2 May 2009 , 12:33am
post #19 of 29
Quote:

Aww Chippi .. Thats great news that they were able to stent it!! You'll feel great in another few days! My first & second angio did the same in my groin - all the way to my knee .. had to go back to surgery to fix it icon_sad.gif but after all was said and done, I sure felt alot better - getting all that blood flow back! *does a body good!

I had my 4th one done in Feb where I found out that one of my stents was completely closed again icon_sad.gif So gotta go back soon .. just trying to qualify for a program for the Plavix b4 I can.

I started Plavix today. Why do you have to qualify for it? Thank you all and sending prayers to Cakes!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 2 May 2009 , 3:32am
post #20 of 29

Glad to hear your procedure went well and I hope your feeling better soon.

As for cake ideas:
I like the idea of the wisteria (sp??) that playingwithsugar mentioned and I was also thinking that if you checked out ThanhThanh photos you might get some inspiration. She's got some beautiful bc cakes out there.

Chippi Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:29am
post #21 of 29

thanks xstitcher great idea............i love thanhthanh's cakes. icon_smile.gif Thanks for your kind words also.

Chippi

GayeG Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:46pm
post #22 of 29

Chippi -
Sad to say I dont have health ins anymore .. so I have to pay for all my heart meds outta my own pocket - which runs me about $150 a month - And the Plavix is $150-180 a month which added to my other meds is not feasible for me icon_sad.gif Thats ALOT of cookies/cakes for me!! icon_wink.gif
So Im trying to qualify for a reduced price thru the drug company that makes it .. but I dont think I will qualify .. looks like Im stuck in the middle .. I make too much $$ for free/reduced and not euff to be able to pay for it - so we'll see .. so for now, I'll just keep praying!

Chippi Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:37pm
post #23 of 29
Quote:

Chippi -
Sad to say I dont have health ins anymore .. so I have to pay for all my heart meds outta my own pocket - which runs me about $150 a month - And the Plavix is $150-180 a month which added to my other meds is not feasible for me icon_sad.gif Thats ALOT of cookies/cakes for me!! icon_wink.gif
So Im trying to qualify for a reduced price thru the drug company that makes it .. but I dont think I will qualify .. looks like Im stuck in the middle .. I make too much $$ for free/reduced and not euff to be able to pay for it - so we'll see .. so for now, I'll just keep praying!

I was told that Plavix helps your body not reject the stent. That to me seems to be a must have, so it is sad that you are unable to afford it. The price of medications are unreal. Isn't there a pharmacy program you can get on or I mean a prescription program. Does your cardiologist know that you are unable to afford it? Maybe they could supply you with samples? I was told I would be on it for atleast 1 year but maybe the rest of my life. I will say special prayer for you!

Happy Baking!
Chippi

GayeG Posted 2 May 2009 , 3:56pm
post #24 of 29

Thanks Chippi!
Yep - my Cardiologist knows ... Thats why he DIDNT open the stent why he was in there .. I/They have already tried to find me a program but nothing - I just fall between the cracks .. like so many others!! I WISH they could provide sample packs but becoz of the class its in (I think) its something they dont supply samples in icon_sad.gif
Yep - Id have to take it up to a year also, and I just cannot aford that extra cost ..
Please say that prayer for me .. I so much apprieciate that!!
Im sooo happy though that you are getting better and it all worked out well for you!! You also have been in mine and my families!!
Now get all better for Monday and let us know how that turns out!!

CakesByLJ Posted 12 May 2009 , 12:13am
post #25 of 29

chippi... just checking to see how you are doing.. Did you have your interview at the bakery yet? I've been thinking about you, and hoping things are going well... icon_smile.gif

Chippi Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:43am
post #26 of 29

Hi Lj,

Well I ended up back at the hospital with chest pain that woke me up in the middle of the night Sat. They went back in on Tuesday and put another stent in and did some angioplasty. So I have 2 stents now. icon_sad.gif I didn't get to interview for that job icon_sad.gif I'm really depressed right now. Thank you for your concern and prayers. I'll keep in touch.

Chippi

CakesByLJ Posted 12 May 2009 , 2:06pm
post #27 of 29

chippi... I am so sorry you missed the interview icon_sad.gif also, sorry to hear about the re-visit to the hospital/angioplasti. I hope you are recovering without further problems now. I know you are depressed, but I believe you will have other, perhaps better, opportunities to employ your talents. You are in my thoughts and prayers.. icon_smile.gif

GayeG Posted 12 May 2009 , 4:58pm
post #28 of 29

Awww - Chippi .. I too. am sorry to hear about your newest visit back to the hospital .. But now maybe that its all taken care of, you'll start to feel ALOT better!! All of it is scary and uncomfortable - and I hope this time .. no hematoma like the first one! Im saying a little prayer that you will be better, healthy and happier when all this passes .. coz remember: "This too shall pass"!
And you WILL get more oppourtunities like the one you missed .. you can be comforted by knowing HE has a reason for everything .. we might not understand BUT there is a reason!! Just trust that HE is in control! And HE will direct you to the one HE wants you to be blessed with =)
Man, I should have been a preacher! icon_wink.gif <-------- Yeah right!
Get well Chippi and Good Luck in your new adventures!

RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 12 May 2009 , 5:34pm
post #29 of 29

Chippi, my prayers are also with you. Leave your faith in God and you will do just fine. After looking at your photos I believe you have nothing to worry about on the interview. You are very good. Just go in there and knock her socks off. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%