3D Train Help!!!!

Decorating By suz3 Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 5:26am by slcoutu

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 6

I just got a request for a 3D train. It is 4 cars that are holding baby items. It is for a baby shower. I'm not sure that I can do this. I need any ideas on how to make this work ASAP. I need to get back with them to let them know. TIA icon_eek.gif

5 replies
clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 6

I've got the Wilton 3D train pan but I think it's discontinued now. It's one of my most treasured posessions. If you can find one, that would be the thing to do.

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 6

It is suppose to be 4 seperate cars. The engine and 3 cars behind with baby items inside each car. The cars are upright.

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 6

I've made passenger/frieght cars just by carving and stacking sheet cakes (about 5"x8" or whatever).

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1342829.html

I did that one a few years ago - you should warn the mom ALL the kids wanted a piece of Thomas and I ended up with a LOT of cake left over. :-/ These trains are so much fun, though.

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 7:05pm
post #5 of 6

I made train cars, cutting a sheet cake into the needed sizes, as I was making a circus train, I made royal icing bars, to keep the wild animals in, which I modeled with choco paste. I put the entire train on a board, made train tracks, with craft gun, the ties I made out of fondant. I used cookies cumbs between the ties and along the tracks, added so grass to the cake board and was done.

slcoutu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slcoutu Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:26am
post #6 of 6

I made a train last year for a baby shower with an engine and 2 cars. I believe for all of them I just made them in loaf pans and then cut as needed. For the engine I cut a bit of the back off and put it up top (for the conductor to sit LOL) and then also baked some cake in a soup can for the front of the engine. Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%