Getting Rice Krispie Treat To Stick To A Cookie Stick

Decorating By Carda Updated 1 May 2009 , 3:20pm by Carda

Carda Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 5

Basically, I am trying to put a rice krispie ball on a cookie stick. It's fairly large, so at the moment it would just slide down if i put it on. What should I do? Can i use melted chcolate? And should the stick go in while RK is soft?

I have a styro ball I can use instead, but I would like to use RK.

4 replies
SweetMelissa2007 Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 5

Are you trying to stick it to the top of the stick? You can use the melted chocolate stick it in the RKT ball, then turn it upside down so the stick sticks up out of the top to let the chocolate harden.

Carda Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:23am
post #3 of 5

Thanks! Yeah, that's what I ended up doing in the end. I don't know, the chocolate inside has kind of broken, cause the ball swivels around when you turn it, but at least it's not sliding down - yet! It's now got fondant and everything on, so it's pretty heavy.

Can you refridgerate a RKT covered with fondant? It's sooo hot and humid here in Bermuda at the moment.

SweetMelissa2007 Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:29am
post #4 of 5

I'm not sure, but I sure wish I was there to figure it out for you!!! LOL! I don't see why not, just make sure to take it out of the fridge early enough so you don't get condensation on your "balls". Good luck.

Carda Posted 1 May 2009 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMelissa2007

I'm not sure, but I sure wish I was there to figure it out for you!!! LOL! I don't see why not, just make sure to take it out of the fridge early enough so you don't get condensation on your "balls". Good luck.

Ha ha, yes, you could sit on my balcony overlooking the sea with a rum swizzle in your hand pondering the pros and cons of putting fondant covered RKT in the fridge icon_biggrin.gif

So far I hav stuck to keeping my kitchen really cool and leaving the "ball" out, and it is doing good so far. Just has to last another 24 hours!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%