Calling All Nc Cakers! Lets Get Sharon Z To Do A Class Here!

Decorating By Maria_Campos Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 10:49pm by Maria_Campos

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 13 May 2009 , 7:46pm
post #61 of 111

Hmm, I might have to catch her next time then. July and Sept are really busy wedding months...

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 13 May 2009 , 9:51pm
post #62 of 111

OK folks We are now looking at late January 2010. Thats the soonest we can schedule the class, Sharon is booked solid for the rest of the year, so save up now!

Most likely the location will be near the Airport, somewhere in RTP. Thats what I have so far so stay tune.

You can find me on Facebook where I will also be posting and advertising on my Facebook group that just went public called OCC (Obsessed Carolina Cakers), feel free to join.

My Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=758116168&ref=name

OCC Page
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=65543860344

acookieobsession Posted 14 May 2009 , 12:58am
post #63 of 111

YES!!! I love Jan...i hardly take any weddings then! Yipee!

destinyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destinyrn Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:30am
post #64 of 111

So excited...Can't wait icon_smile.gif

Maria_Campos Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 7:15pm
post #65 of 111

OK folks I have been searching high and low to find a place that cost $100 or free per day in the Triangle area (Cary, Raleigh, Morrisville, Apex, Clayton, Durham) for Jan 2010 that has access to the following:
* refrigerator,
* sink
* microwave,
* 16 5ft tables

If anyone know of such a place or know someone that does, please let me know, I have tired everything, trust me, even my place of work in RTP and to no avail. It could be a conference room, or if someone has space in their home but is must be able to fit 16 comfortably. Thanks much!!!!!

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 9:49pm
post #66 of 111

have you considered contacting any of the high schools? just a thought. If it's over a weekend.

Maria_Campos Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:05pm
post #67 of 111

Yup and public schools and Wake Tech which told me it was a conflict of interest since the teach cake classes there as well, NCS & UNC, believe me I called everywhere, even the museums and all of the recreational hall to. It's very pricey in NC who would have thunk...

erinalicia Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:09pm
post #68 of 111

a church? or community building? lion's club? moose lodge? I don't know... I'm grasping straws.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 23 Jun 2009 , 10:59pm
post #69 of 111

Maybe a hotel conference room? I worked in a hotel for an entire week, so I know all about them icon_wink.gif It was MainStay Suites. Anyway, if the room was available a guest could reserve it for free.

So if people were driving to Raleigh, if one person booked at a hotel with a conference room that could then be used for free, that would be nice!

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 1:31am
post #70 of 111

I know of a conference room at my work place it fits about 50 or more, but it's not in your area. If you cant find anything else let me know.

Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:08pm
post #71 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by aligotmatt

Maybe a hotel conference room? I worked in a hotel for an entire week, so I know all about them icon_wink.gif It was MainStay Suites. Anyway, if the room was available a guest could reserve it for free.

So if people were driving to Raleigh, if one person booked at a hotel with a conference room that could then be used for free, that would be nice!

Tried hotel rooms, and quite a few but they were all too expensive. wher is Mainstay?

Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:10pm
post #72 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative_chika

I know of a conference room at my work place it fits about 50 or more, but it's not in your area. If you cant find anything else let me know.

Where is it located? Both Sharon and I would need a place to sleep if it's too far from my area.

Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:13pm
post #73 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinalicia

a church? or community building? lion's club? moose lodge? I don't know... I'm grasping straws.

All of the above, you would be surprized how expensive things are here, the cheapest place I found was at a good prise but YUK!!!! In a nasty nasty area.

erinalicia Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:17pm
post #74 of 111

hmmmm... I'm out of ideas. Since I don't like in the Raleigh area. I'm near Charlotte.

How much are churches charging to rent their fellowship halls? Maybe a smaller church in a suburb?

Did I mention community centers? can't remember....

Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 2:51pm
post #75 of 111

Anyone got friends in high places, we can even promise them a deal on a cake LOL! Maybe someone knows an event planner who also has space they would lend to use. They has to be something I over look

Sharon wants to keep the cost of the class low so that all can attend ( max 15 participants) and if all goes well we can have her come back to teach other classes. Them Texans are keeping her busy, let but NC on the Map!!! We can CAKE too! If you guys can be my eyes and ears and ask around, friends co-workers family, and if anyone finds something let me know, I will go as far as Chapel Hill all the way to Clayton.

And one of use need to open a cake supply shop around this area to because I'm killing my gas driving all the way out to Clayton to get my fondant and other supplies!!!

erinalicia Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:12pm
post #76 of 111

I agree... someone needs to open a cake supply shop here in the Charlotte area that has more than just a few things. I hate driving out of my way to look for something and they don't have it.

I've driven 2 1/2 hours one way to go to the shop in Clayton and I'm planning another trip soon because I had limited funds at the time.

Hopefully someone has a place to use for the class. I really want to take it. icon_smile.gif

meggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggers Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:26pm
post #77 of 111

I thought there were neighborhoods in the Triangle that have community centers that people in the neighborhood can rent. Does anybody live in a neighborhood like that?

Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:32pm
post #78 of 111

Whow thats a long drive, I can't even complain, as I'm just 20 minutes away from that store! But I', in South Raleigh and it's still a drive!

I may have to look into opening a shop thats more central for us cakers, and while I'm at it make sure I have a space for cake classes and a bake shop ro sell my cakes, (slowly exhales) one day..

erinalicia Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 3:37pm
post #79 of 111

yep... it's a drive. I don't mind because I get to get away from the house and the kids and actually THINK! I drove the entire trip in silence... I loved it!

Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:00pm
post #80 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by meggers

I thought there were neighborhoods in the Triangle that have community centers that people in the neighborhood can rent. Does anybody live in a neighborhood like that?

I have called a few of these place but non of the ones I called had space enough to fit 16 5ft long tables.

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:11pm
post #81 of 111

Its located in Gastonia... Close to Charlotte Area... I can ask at work if you'd like, I doubt there would be a problem with that... But again, its not in your area

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:23pm
post #82 of 111

Im in just let me know im in Tennessee as well(:

meggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meggers Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:26pm
post #83 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria_Campos

Quote:

I have called a few of these place but non of the ones I called had space enough to fit 16 5ft long tables.

What kind of square footage are you looking for?

acookieobsession Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:34pm
post #84 of 111

Ok- first part is slightly OT. Have you guys ever used CKSouth? Theya re in ATL and they have TONS of stuff and the shipping is reasonable. Their stuff is also MUCH cheaper than That place in Clayton. I get 50 lbs og hiratio for like 1/2 of what they charge. Anyhoo, you have to have a business license and fill out there form and mail it in. But let me tell you the trouble is way worth is. I got 100 lbs hiratio, gal 2x vanilla, dummies, colors, petal dust (under $2), boards, etc for less than $$300 this week.

And, do you think a club for a neighborhood would work? What kind of refrig space is needed? And is wake forest too far?

Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:46pm
post #85 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by acookieobsession

Ok- first part is slightly OT. Have you guys ever used CKSouth? Theya re in ATL and they have TONS of stuff and the shipping is reasonable. Their stuff is also MUCH cheaper than That place in Clayton. I get 50 lbs og hiratio for like 1/2 of what they charge. Anyhoo, you have to have a business license and fill out there form and mail it in. But let me tell you the trouble is way worth is. I got 100 lbs hiratio, gal 2x vanilla, dummies, colors, petal dust (under $2), boards, etc for less than $$300 this week.

And, do you think a club for a neighborhood would work? What kind of refrig space is needed? And is wake forest too far?

Wake Forest is not to far at all! Just a regular size fridge I think.

Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:48pm
post #86 of 111
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria_Campos

Quote:

What kind of square footage are you looking for?

I would say about 1000 - 1200 sq ft at the most, for 15 long tables and so folks are not walking over each other to.

Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:50pm
post #87 of 111
Quote:

Its located in Gastonia... Close to Charlotte Area... I can ask at work if you'd like, I doubt there would be a problem with that... But again, its not in your area

That like a 4 - 5 hr drive from here, but if nothing else works out I will be calling you soon!

Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 4:51pm
post #88 of 111
Quote:

Is there affordable decent hotels out there?

shook6738 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shook6738 Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 5:11pm
post #89 of 111

I would love to attend. I live in Newton, NC.

Djor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Djor Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 5:50pm
post #90 of 111

I live in florida but I have a friend that I could stay there, but I need to know how much is the class? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%