Calling All Nc Cakers! Lets Get Sharon Z To Do A Class Here!

Decorating By Maria_Campos Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 10:49pm by Maria_Campos

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 7:37pm
post #91 of 111

The cheapest hotels I saw start at $44.00 and that was a quick search.
And also the church I attend has a huge gym that is used for gatherings, meetings, conferences and many other things. I could also give you that information.

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 7:57pm
post #92 of 111

gastonia is actually only about 3 hours from Raleigh. Just jump on 40 and then hit 85 south.

MARYNES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARYNES Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 8:05pm
post #93 of 111

Count on me too!!

I live in Maiden, NC very close to Hickory, Gastonia, and Charlotte area. Please let me know when you have date, prices and place.

Looking forward....

Maria_Campos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 8:52pm
post #94 of 111

North Carolinians are so funny, when 4 miles is just around the corner, and 4 hours is equivalent to a 1 hr. drive, thank goodness for my GPS!

Is there an airport in that area? Gastonia is starting to look good.

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 9:19pm
post #95 of 111

Yes there is an airport in Charlotte, NC which is about 20-25 minutes away. For me its a really quick drive.

MARYNES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARYNES Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 9:27pm
post #96 of 111

I have a few more friends that are not members of CC but love to decorate and live around charlotte, hickory, gastonia area that would be interested if it is within this area.

Maria_Campos Posted 24 Jun 2009 , 9:31pm
post #97 of 111

Ok folks, if you don't see me here for a while it's because I'm working on a big cake right now and I just got home form my day job, so don't think I'm ignoring keep on posting what you got and I will communicate this stuff to Sharon. Thanks everyone for all your help with this, there is hope!

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:18am
post #98 of 111

I am very interested in the class also. Please add me to your list! Thanks for taking the ball and running with this. Are you going to keep us updated on Facebook also?

TracysCakes2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracysCakes2009 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:40am
post #99 of 111

Please add me to the list and let me know when you have details. I live in Atl but have family in Greensboro.

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 2:50pm
post #100 of 111

I want to go too! please keep us posted!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 7:00pm
post #101 of 111

and while we're at it --

Aine!!!!

and

Toedna

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 7:13pm
post #102 of 111

I'm still very interested as well!!!

Maria_Campos Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 9:26pm
post #103 of 111

It will happen but we are still working on the dates Sharon will be doing another episode of the Ultimate Cake off so it had to be pushed back a bit. I will keep you all posted thanks!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 10:17pm
post #104 of 111

Great. Thanks SOOOOOOO much for organizing this!!! It actually works better for me if it is pushed back, I just had a baby, so the older he is when the class happens, the easier it will be for me to get away.

chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 7:53pm
post #105 of 111

Was anything ever deceided on?? Is Sharon coming this way? I live in GA but she is well worth the drive.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 8:31pm
post #106 of 111

Yes! We just sealed the deal, looks like June 26-27. Maria can tell us the location details! We will be doing a 2 day class, designer 3D purse with champagne bottle like the one in my photos. Join us!

Maria_Campos Posted 6 Apr 2010 , 9:53pm
post #107 of 111

Yes folk as of today the class is official Sharon is coming to North Carolina!

As mentioned it's the designer purse with wine bottle, 2 whole day classes on June 26-27 which is a Saturday and Sunday. $300 for the class, thats including a lunch, and it will be held in Durham.

Here is the location
1714 South Miami Boulevard
Durham, North Carolina 27703
http://www.bethesdaruritanclub.com/rental.html

More details on how to sign up will be posted soon, if interested please email me at [email protected] so I can put you on a waiting list and as I get the rest of the details sorted out I will email you ASAP. There is only room for 13 so jump on it fast folks!

revskg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revskg Posted 7 Apr 2010 , 3:18am
post #108 of 111

I'm in Fuquay Varina and I will DEFINITELY come!

SherryG

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 1:43am
post #109 of 111

I would have loved to come but unfortunately have wedding cakes for that weekend.

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 8 Apr 2010 , 2:57pm
post #110 of 111

Don't know that I'll be able to take the class, I would love to though! I'm not sure my skill level is where it needs to be.

We'll definitely have to arrange something, Sharon, so that we can meet you and you can finally meet Aidan. We're so grateful for everything you're doing for him.

Maria_Campos Posted 12 Apr 2010 , 10:49pm
post #111 of 111

Here is the registration info to sign up. We only have space for 13 so signup fast. See you all there!

Thank you for your interest in our Designer Purse Class, to be held on -June 26th - 27th in Durham (may change to a location in Raleigh) taught by Sharon Zambito of SugarEd Productions.

During this two day class we will create the beautiful purse holding a champagne bottle that you see in the photo attached. We will cover carving, stacking, ganaching, covering in fondant, decorating, and making and placing the bottle.

Class will start at 9 am each day and go 8-10 hours each day. Please be prepared for 10 hour days, in order to be able to complete this project in a quality manner. Lunch will be provided both days, but you are welcome to bring your own food, drinks and snacks as well.

Class cost is $300. We are accepting a 50% deposit at this time, which is non-refundable. The balance will be due 6 weeks before the class date. If the minimum number of students is not reached, the class will be canceled and all deposits refunded. Please do not make travel plans or reservations until we proclaim that the class minimum has been met and the class is 100% confirmed a go.

To register please email [email protected] to receive an invoice.

Preliminary supply lists are include below. When it gets a little bit closer to the class, a more detailed list with exact quantities of each item needed will be provided.

We hope you will be able to join us for what is sure to be a fun filled weekend of learning and laughter!

Preliminary supply list for students:

• cake
    boards
    dowels
    knives
    spatulas
    hot plate
    extension cord
    pot
    ganache
    fondant
    cutters for logo
    green choc
    choc colors
    paper towels
    gumpaste flowers ( optional)
    mold clips
    ribbon strip cutter
    stitching wheel
    rolling pins
    cornstarch
    shortening
    exacto knife
    foam
    piping gel

To be provided by Sharon:

• bottle molds
    bottle labels
    purse handles
    templates (logo and carving)

If you have any questions, please contact me at [email protected].

Hope to see you there!

Sharon
SugarEd Productions
SugarEd Lagniappe Blog
Sharon's Sugar Shack

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%